Reuleaux Triangle Box

Oh yeah, that is some nice stuff.

2 Likes

You’re a bad influence! Just bought the Little Windows resin (you’ve recommended it to me several times now) and the Prisme paints. Excited to play around with them.

9 Likes

Beautiful and so artistic!!

I can see a box like this being presented with an engagement ring.

6 Likes

Yeah, this really feels like a “special” gift box!

8 Likes

Har-har–I finally get to enable somebody else!

8 Likes

I was just remembering you and I taking turns enabling…what fun. And omigosh…cakeday…5 years? All of a sudden I feel much older.

6 Likes

Gorgeous! Very cool design. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Such a clever and elegant box design! And beautiful medallions! Thanks for sharing your technique in making them.

3 Likes

As a mathematician that loves lasers and boxes and Reuleaux Triangles, you win!

6 Likes

Thanks for the video. I liked it. Now going to show my kids.

1 Like

@cynd11- this is gorgeous! I’d like to experiment with this idea but I’m not following what you mean when you say " It’s two layers of black acrylic, with the lines that form the walls cut and glued on the bottom solid layer. " specifically I don’t know how you created the “lines that form the walls”. Can you explain more? please and thank you!

Top layer, what you can see in the pics. Bottom layer, just the larger outline. Glue together.

It would resemble a stamp before you fill it with resin.

1 Like

The tiny black swirl was cut out of piece of acrylic and glued to a flat piece of acrylic (and then the resin was poured into the rest of the area of the triangle).

Something like this:
swirl

12 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

Super smooth design :+1:

2 Likes

Stunning. Great idea for getting tapered relief cuts on the sides. I’ll have to file that one away…

WOW. Those are striking! I wouldn’t have guessed how you made those and if I had, I wuold have been way off. I have yet to play with epoxy to try to make things…I should find a youtube video…

2 Likes

I finally got my hands on some of the Prisme Fantasy paint and it’s so pretty!

Fun fact: This circle is cut from a sheet of wood that was used for calibration. The Pebeo paint settles into the engraves and the impression is visible once it dries. I took this shot in a way to avoid highlighting that problem, but you can see part of a “+” in the bottom left and a larger, but slightly less clear, example on the lower right.

10 Likes

Looks great! Maybe if you domed with resin first it wouldn’t sink.

1 Like

Yeah, probably. I was just playing with it… if I were doing something important, I would have started with a clean sheet of wood. But it is helpful to know that the paint doesn’t level if you put it on on an uneven background. Might be an issue with mixed media pieces.

1 Like