Reward time

After I get some things checked off of my to-do list, I reward myself with Glowforge time. I had three leather things that were waiting to be stitched up, so that’s what I did today. Still have to do some final thread-end tucking and gluing, but sure enjoyed the time sewing. These are not PG leather, thus not posting in Made on a Glowforge…even though they were.

Been liking to engrave some nice phrases or quotes on some things. Also, used some stamps on them with Native American symbols. Here are two of them. They are about 4" x 6".

The dark brown wasn’t the best choice for engraving…it’s difficult to read. This is under the flap (not shown in the photo)

She believed she could, so she did

“No one has ever become poor by giving” Anne Frank
Native American symbols…again, underneath the flap

I decided to make a new design….to store my tiny back up hard drive and two short cables for my laptop. I thought up the latching idea and I made the latch itself out of the letter V, from some font I can’t remember, which was turned sideways and manipulated before being cut out of PG cherry. This one is about 8" W x 6" H.

44 Likes

These are beautiful! I love the latch.

5 Likes

Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing the pics…

2 Likes

That latch hook is super cool! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is some fantastic leather work! Nice stitching!

3 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Always like to see leather projects. These are great! I really like the cherry clasp on the one, and the colors of these pieces are luscious.

By the way, Proofgrade is not required for MOAG, just that the item was made on a Glowforge. I would guess more than half of the things in the category are not PG.

8 Likes

Great projects! The latch is inspired!

2 Likes

Nice work! Yes, “She did”. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beautiful work – and definitely move them to MOAG, they need to be seen!

4 Likes

These are beautifully well made!!!

3 Likes

I was wondering about that…but, oh well. I’ll remember that for next time…thanks. And, BTW…the lighter brown one with the clasp is one of those designer skins from Tandy that you enabled for me. :smile: The other two were dyed by me.

5 Likes

Thanks…they are moved.

1 Like

I’m always amazed by those who make leather creations. These are wonderful!

2 Likes

Some wonderful leather projects!

3 Likes

These are wonderful, Marj! Very well done!

The clasp is fun and love the Anne Frank quote.

3 Likes

Thank you, PJ!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.