RGB Bird Masks

Wow! The masks are amazing! I love the little skull pattern (that didn’t make it on to one of the masks). Excellent work!

2 Likes

Wow! Just Wow!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was wondering if they could be somehow fitted with clear eye covers and a lower bill with a large area of N95 cloth that could be replaced. A larger area would make up for the greater resistance. It would be great to get photos of everyone else as well when grocery shopping.

6 Likes

Easily I imagine…there is a thin transparent flexible acrylic that you can get from JP that can be cut in the laser…some of the folks here were using it for the EarSavers. (I used it for that apple that I showed after the first Zoom gathering. Works great.)

And yeah, I would also like to see the faces of the other shoppers as they scattered. :rofl:
Would definitely help with the social distancing aspect. :wink:

4 Likes

You’ve had a knack for leather since some of your first project posts, but what I really love to see is how much more you’ve stepped up your game.

I remember seeing your old posts and thinking, “ :hushed: wow” so now I don’t even know what the proper reaction would be. Holy wow!?

Here’s your progression, if you haven’t looked lately: https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=%40jae%20%23glowforge-project-examples%20order%3Alatest_topic

8 Likes

The detail on these masks are beautiful. I’ve always been kinda creeped out by them, but you make them so it would be something to consider wearing. I can’t wait to try my first leather project. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Wow - beautiful!

2 Likes

And you could always peck the unmasked with the beak. Tell them their bad vapours and bilious temperament will make them sick.

Edit: how to really say it, “Away thou varlet; Thy foul vapours and bilious temperament doth sicken the soul.”

8 Likes

Naw, that wouldn’t work…I’d have to get too close to them to peck them. :smile:
(Unless I made it really long…hmmmmm.) :thinking:

3 Likes

I had to go digging, but I do have one for the green mask -

More pictures will have to wait until the recipients of the red and blue masks get a chance to take some pictures.

I actually put together a quick look back recently. @Rita started a 100 day project slack channel ages ago and I finally joined in with the tooling. The basic idea being, every day for 100 days, work on something… so, while it doesn’t include the mountains of “I spent the evening testing on scrap” bits that went into the 100 days, these are the completed projects from the first on the left to the last on the right.

As soon as I can commit the time to it, my next 100 days project is going to be dedicated to Sheridan style floral carving… not because I’m particularly in love with the style, but but because there are good resources for learning there and a lot of the skills from doing that will translate to what comes after that.

19 Likes

Heh, I didn’t mean on-face, but this works even better :slight_smile: I just meant from the front. You’re just ridiculously good with leather.

9 Likes

I just finished cutting 4 of the Protoshield face masks which use .020 PETG (ordered on Amazon) which cuts beautifully. That would work for the eye holes.

3 Likes

These are spectacular…in fit and finish…and superb in design and assembly. Great job!

(side note…for a brief moment there, I transposed the RGB to RBG…thinking they might be tribute masks to Ruth…but, then why would they be inspired by her? weird.)

6 Likes

I thought the exact same thing at first!

2 Likes