Rhombicosidodecahedron files

Just in case anybody wants these.

I find scoring the red lines helps to keep glue from wicking out when adding the decorative faces, but that step is optional. Save the shape insert cutouts and glue them to your decorative faces using the jigs to line up center. (the slots in the jigs allow glue to be dabbed right in as you hold the alignment) Then just pop the faces on and they are pretty well lined up automatically. I didn’t do this process in the triangles of the sample photo & it was a real pain to have skipped. The jigs are not kerf corrected so this process is not absolutely exact but I found it close enough for my eye.

As always cut a sample single unit of each to check fit first! This should work as is for 1/8 inch materials.

Shout out to @geek2nurse for the original share & ideas! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!!

Rhombicosidodecahedron-01 Rhombicosidodecahedron-02
Mid build photo, 1/8 inch base materials, ~1/16 inch decorative faces in this photo.

75 Likes

Your rhombicosidodecahedron looks fantastic! Thanks for the files – greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Chuckle! I’m not even going to try to say it much less type it! (But thanks for sharing the files.) :smile:

5 Likes

That’s what copy and paste is for.

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome share. I’m sure we’ll see a bunch more of these pop up now!

2 Likes

An incredible share! Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your design.

2 Likes

Thank you for the files

2 Likes

Thank you for your generous share!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the file. I’m trying to put it together, although having a bit of question on where does each type of connector goes. Could you share that info please.

1 Like

Sure, 3 sided to 4 sided uses the 159.09 degree. 4 sided to 5 sided uses the 148.28 degree connectors. Good luck & have fun!

1 Like

Thanks very much for the help

I’m new here, and would you believe I can’t easily see how to download these files?

Am I missing something?

K

Right click on the sketches/drawings in the first post…Save Image As. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Honestly it’s one of the most common questions - you’re not alone!

2 Likes

I was looking for an attachment

derp

thanks!

2 Likes