Right-Angle Gluing Bracket

I am not sure if this will be of use to anyone else but, I made a right-angle gluing bracket. These can help hold a couple pieces at 90 degrees while the glue dries. The corner is cut off to keep it out of the gluing area. Flat surfaces and a circular cut-out provide places to attach clamps. I used (silicon) rubber bands in place of clamps in the picture. Each of my brackets is two layers of 1/4” Thick Draftboard, stuck together with a ridiculously sloppy glue job.

Right-Angle_Clamping_Bracket-2x.svg.zip (780 Bytes)


Ooooh! I can use one of those! I’ve got a rt angle clamp but it’s too big for most of the little boxes I do. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Awesome could be use in many ways.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey thanks! I could really use those. I made something for the same purpose a long time ago but they didn’t work very well. Your design is much better.

1 Like

I have been using 123 machinist blocks but these could come in handy, Thank you,

1 Like

Really nicely done! I’ve been needing something like these for some woodworking projects. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I got my sets done! :sunglasses::+1:


I did something like this, but 3d printed, and included captive neodynium magnets.

You could probably do the same, make this three layers, and in the center one have a hole cut out to hold a bar magnet.


I’ve made several of these on the cnc but never thought to scale them down and do some on the :glowforge:, good idea!

1 Like

I added some .25” holes for dowels to help with a smooth glue-up, and made beefy versions… they work!


Very nice! Thank you so very much for sharing your file!

Thanks for sharing the file. I’ve already made a set!

Or…They could be used as mini stealth bomber pins or refrigerator magnets :wink:

1 Like

This is totally on my to do list. The idea that you can use this tool to make others to help you make other things easier is ace!

1 Like

Thank you for this file! I had just asked about something like this and this post was linked for me.

1 Like

Great project, I was looking for something like this!