Rings made of acrylic

Laminated acrylic to make the shanks of these rings then lasered after laminating. The Punisher one has a layer of clear between the black, not just open space. Engraved then solvent welded the toppers to the shanks.

It was so much faster and easier to cut these with a laser than making them by hand like we did 25-30 years ago in shop class! :slight_smile:

59 Likes

Impressive Green One. I still get into epic battles with the solvent glues. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m kinda glad my workspaces/ work surfaces are so beat up it’s unreal. I’d be upset if I had a nice fresh white surface with a big red streak of liquidy-melted acrylic smudged into it. :smiley:

6 Likes

Those are cool as hell. You could make a buck or three at a con I wager.

I’m thinking watch battery + led + acrylic = Green Lantern.

2 Likes

gotta be careful selling others’ ip, though.

3 Likes

They still take too much time to sell at a reasonable rate, for what they are.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve always wondered whether every vendor at a con had proper licenses.

1 Like

Pretty risky to show up without licensing in place. I mean, some of those people are charging for autographs, they wouldnt blink at snooping out IP infringers.

5 Likes

You make the coolest stuff!

1 Like

Thank You!

Laser cutters scratch an instant gratification itch that a 3D printer just cant touch :smiley:

3 Likes

Any issues with the heat so far?

So far my longest job was a 1 hour engrave and no, I have not had any issues with the temperature. Thermostat is on 78, actual air temp is at 76 in this room.

1 Like

Cool idea! My kids would flip over that spider one.

2 Likes