Roly Poly Bowly

Very nice!

2 Likes

Roly poly makes a good lampshade perhaps? Or a ring to sit on ? Many cool places to go.

3 Likes

Fabulous! I too am intrigued by this. I’d say nice first attempt!

1 Like

I like how it looks - the thick glass green acrylic is such a good choice for this. I am intrigued with the pedestal it is sitting on in the first photo.

4 Likes

I love this bowl done in the green-glass acrylic! It really does look like glass.

I’m just sad that the rest of the forum doesn’t get to see it.

1 Like

Oh wow! Thought that was glass too! It looks fantastic! (And I never thought to slump 1/4"…it looks much more stable as a bowl.) :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I love this so much - wow the 1/4" is gorgeous!

1 Like

It’s this; Another edge lit

Perhaps a lamp shade…but this little one is too tiny. Good idea, though

1 Like

The thickness of your acrylic really makes it look special. I like the color of the acrylic too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That shape and the movement in the bowl are very pleasing as is the color of the acrylic. Nice work.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I missed that post (or forgot it) That is really a great piece.

2 Likes

If you haven’t taken the time to go through all of @Xabbess’s topics, it would be well worth it. She has been key to a lot of technical solutions with design, software, gfui and materials.

4 Likes

Too bad they are hidden from most under the VIP section.

Look at this girl. You really needed that laser! I love your creativity, great choice of material.
Nice Work. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is lovely. I also agree about the glass green acrylic… now I really want some.

You definitely should share it in the wild (i.e. “Made on a GF”)

2 Likes

OK…my guru friends. A few people here think I should put this in a different category…not VIP. Should I move the entire post… double post it…or what?

2 Likes

I would just post again—we all understand and don’t mind seeing it twice. I’m glad you will do this, as I will be able to send folks to your project anytime slumping bowls or green glass acrylic comes up!

8 Likes

Thanks!

I love it! And the imperfections are not obvious to me at all; it looks thoughtfully organic.

5 Likes