Rookie Mistake!

I engraved my first MacBook today! Most of it turned out ok, slight alignment issue on my part, but what gets me is that the design ran onto some tape that was on MacBook to prevent anything getting into the gaps. This left a brown burn from the adhesive on the design. Is there anything I can do to lift the burn marks?

try a q-tip with alcohol. might not if the tape is thick but it could lighten the burn

3 Likes

When all else (fast orange - alcohol - etc) fails I usually spray some WD-40 on a rag and go to town.

Mind boggles at some weird combos though. Like vinegar with some salt in it to clean copper.
Let us know what worked for you…

2 Likes

I have no idea if it would work in your situation, but this stuff from the dollar tree store is freakishly good. Almost too good and it’d probably take paint off the wall if you’re not careful. Just throwing it out there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have heard of that stuff, with the same exclamation.

Ronson lighter fluid.
In case anybody thinks I’m kidding, I’m not. Generally totally safe and recommended to clean with. I’ve had great results specifically getting brown stains off of various items. (Used to use it all the time on computers when they’d brown in the sun over time. Remember those days?)

1 Like

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I suggest posting for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please let us know and we’ll help you right away!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.