Rotary Engraving a Yoyo on my Glowforge

More info will be forthcoming, once I have time to put it together for you. I’m tweaking some things on my design, after which I will make a proper video. Unfortunately I missed my opportunity with the yoyo, so I’m open to requests. Probably next week.

4 Likes

Here is a test engraving with my new fixture, on 1.25" Dowel.

19 Likes

Looks great. Can’t wait to see what kind of fixture you’ve created.

1 Like

Very nice results. Darkness is uniform around the dowel.

1 Like

Be interesting to see how the rotary fixture was implemented. Typically, you’d disconnect the Y axis from the gantry and drive the rotary fixture as the Y axis instead… best of my knowledge there are no hooks like that in the GF and you can’t open the lid to manually index the fixture. So it’s a mystery now, I want explained! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Video doesn’t want to upload, but here are more pictures.

15 Likes

Finally got a video link working! This shows the engraving of a 1.25" diameter dowel.

48 Likes

Another video engraving on a 0.375" diameter dowel.

31 Likes

Ah. Your manually advancing it via the pass thru slot.

Well specifically using the gantry to drag/roll the object.

1 Like

Now that is brilliant!

8 Likes

That is so genius!

2 Likes

Very clever, and nicely done! How were you able to do the yoyo at 2.1"? Isn’t that more than the max. height (without the crumb tray in)?

1 Like

Super clever. Did you attach it to the locking holes they used for shipping? Or is it just pushed somehow? Simply awesome.

1 Like

That’s awesome . I would have never have thought of that. Very clever.

1 Like

A very clever design indeed. I wasn’t able to view your videos though but I do understand how you did the job from your pics.

1 Like

I’m guessing that is doublesided blue tape?

2 Likes

At first I thought you were the guy who cut the bottom of his GF out and now I see what you did. That’s genius!

1 Like

Interesting indeed!

1 Like

Wow, Beautiful solution!

1 Like

Outstanding. :star_struck: We have all been waiting for someone to devise a solution for almost 3 years!

I presume the tape is to prevent the dowel from sliding? I’m guessing the long incremented slot is sized for the maximum diameter?
Well Done. :sunglasses:

5 Likes