Rubber Stamp Lessons Learned

Create a duplicate of your completed design, and then use the blur and opacity sliders (in the fill and stroke dialog) to get the gradient that works.

what lines per inch did you use? thanks for posting this!

did you ever get an answer to this?

what Lines per inch did you use?
looks great!

I appreciate your not having a clear answer for this, but I’ll give you my take on it. 270 is usually good enough resolution for most objects. 340 can give you crisp edges. But you also have to factor speed in this. When you go with a higher resolution, you will also be delivering more power at any one moment, so you have to balance speed.

then there is something to be said about going over something with two passes at a higher speed to get a deeper engrave without overburning anything. Generally you want to go as fast as possible.

There is one thing about natural rubber. It does create significant ash, and that can be an issue. Then it’s about what is the composition of your rubber.

Maybe this will help you:

4 Likes

I saw someone the other day engraving Trodat rubber and the project had virtually zero smoke. Not sure about ash.

But, Trodat is actually how Trotec got started; Trodat is the parent company of Trotec. The story as I heard it is they wanted a faster, better system for engraving stamps, so they built a laser to do it. I wonder how big the lasers in the factory are!

Either way, that would stand to reason that their rubber is well-suited for laser applications.

5 Likes

Wow! That is fantastic. I LOVE the spiral text!

What material should I get from gf for the rubber? I am not seeing anything come up. It will be my first time making a stamp, so I wanted to know the materials.

This

Orange Rubber Stamp Sheet for… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IHVSLM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

3 Likes

That is exactly what I use also.

1 Like