Rumors about the Full Spectrum Muse Laser

whoops.

DJ “Tee”

5 Likes

That quote wasn’t really a question, it was to rhetorically say something similar to “the underdog may not be as obvious as it seemed”.

3 Likes

Correct. Unfortunately it seems that people think I’m living under a rock :smile:

The original post said that it was insulting to compare GF to FSL like it would be comparing Heisenberg to DJT.

3 Likes

Oh no, I knew you knew. :wink:

2 Likes

living under a rock… better or worse than living in a pineapple?

8 Likes

the other thing I haven’t seen on the muse (and I’ll admit I sort of like the removable bottom idea), is whether or not it will be able to align a design that is larger than the cutting area. So say if you move it over and want to keep going, how hard will it be to align that design to what’s already done? Granted that’s just an untested and unshown ability on a Glowforge right now, but if it does pan out, that part could be rather substantial for some.

5 Likes

The comparison isn’t really complete. Did you mention auto focus? Ease of use…scan and print (on both?), Proofgrade(R) materials, design catalog, and I think having self contained cooling and air assist is a huge advantage. All this at a bargain price. You can get some of the Muse things mentioned such as rotary device for more money, and the removable bottom is a great feature for doing large items.

You just decide what features are important to you and put your money down. It’s always been that way. This thread is as bad as the old Chevy vs Ford guys. :grinning: - Rich

4 Likes

Also variable intensity engraving which FSL say is not possible with a glass CO2 laser.

3 Likes

Isn’t that why Glowforge went with that fancy power supply?
Or am I confused… :thinking:

2 Likes

Mopar… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes that is a major pro to GF considering FSL say it isn’t even possible and GF have actually shown it working.

3 Likes

True. But it’s not a Cadillac vs Yugo comparo as the OP intimated. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah we all have seen Breaking Bad. I thought it was just Heisenberg, I didn’t know his alter ego had the first name of Werner.
Hehe :joy:
I just couldn’t help myself :yum:

1 Like

Me too😉

1 Like

Finally!! someone knows who DJ T is… geeeez

remember…

6 Likes

Right on the box!

2 Likes

HAH! Just found this: http://www.justaddsharks.co.uk/blogs/2016-04-29/vanillabox-at-maker-faire

Just add sharks is coming out with their own GF clone.

1 Like

That’s our own @m_raynsford. I don’t recall seeing it hit Kickstarter though.

1 Like

I saw some unboxing video on YouTube (for the Muse), but it wasn’t really a review. Was sufficient proof they are actually putting some units out though. They included an aquarium pump for your cooling, and a sample box + $20 gift card to Inventibles. Was nifty to see how they packed everything in.

Can’t remember if I watched the video all the way through. So maybe he does fully review eventually. And he refers to having seen OTHER unboxing videos, but his was the only one I saw. Probably I used terrible search terms.

3 Likes