Samsung Galaxy

One of the things I wanted to do the most on the Glowforge was personalizing phones. I’ve been seriously considering throwing the S21 + in there, but I found some old phones in a bag at the last second and so I threw one of those in instead. I couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out! I haven’t pulled off all of the masking yet because honestly, I think it looks cool…

but this makes me really happy. The S21 is going in next! lol

30 Likes

You’re brave. I’ve had the case on my S20 for long enough that I thought the phone was actually made of plastic. Since I bought the phone for the color, there is no way I’m throwing it in the GF. But I’ll live vicariously through your post. Share pictures!

8 Likes

That came out fantastic. Smart choice testing on an old option first!

6 Likes

That looks really nice and very smart to try on an old phone. Of course… you’ll have to show pics when you get finished with the S21 or it didn’t really happen! :wink:

7 Likes

That looks great! I have a ‘bunch’ of old phones laying around. Didn’t occur to me to do this…my grandchildren play with them. I’ll have to personalize them!

5 Likes

I like that design you chose. Looks like you are ready to roll on the new one.

2 Likes

Call me paranoid, I haven’t had too many “screw ups” using my proof grade material but there’s been enough to make me on edge about things like phones/electronics. Maybe more practice and test subjects as yours. Very nice outcome though!

3 Likes

Very cool.

I think phone an tablet engraves are cool, but, keep a case on both. So, I’ll never give this a try.

3 Likes

Stop me if you heard this one:

So the guy who guards the Samsung store; is he a Guardian of the Galaxy?

Thank you thank you, and good day.

8 Likes

I keep wanting to do my phone, but end up stopping short. Fun project.

4 Likes

:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Some cellphones are truly lost…

I’ve been wanting to shoot a phone too! I’ve got an S10 which is glass on both sides, so definitely finding an analogue to develop the settings on, lol.

2 Likes