"Sanctum Scriptorum" diorama scene

Hi Everyone! I think this one just started with a stack of books and a trap door, and eventually evolved in to an attic-space scriptorium, with all the books and parchment and scrolls and quills and wax seals and candles and incense a monastic scribe might need. And a blanket for the chilly nights :slight_smile:

I used the GF to engrave and cut out the walls, candle sconces, cross, chair, and side table from medium PG draftboard, the ink bottle from thick clear acrylic, and the windows from medium clear acrylic. The rest is chip board, card stock, paper, toothpicks, hot glue, some wire. Overall measurements 4" x 3" x 3.75".

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

61 Likes

Wow. Fantastic. Another triumph!

4" x 3" x 3.75"? I can’t believe how tiny this is. I would so love to see your creations in person.

7 Likes

once again, you amaze me.

6 Likes

This is my favorite so far! Outstanding!

6 Likes

Hit it outta the park… again!

6 Likes

It’s gorgeous (of course). What a lovely window. And what’s the story behind the trap door?

8 Likes

Design-wise, I was originally shooting for a crate, but got one side done, decided I was not doing it another 4 times, and had to figure out something to do with a 1.25" square framed plank panel. Settled on adding a ring handle and inlaying it in the floor, but wasn’t settled yet on a theme for the piece, so it could have easily worked half-covered by a rug in some fantasy dungeon type setting, too. But once I settled on the gothic scriptorium theme, it became easy enough to imagine that the entire attic is just this tiny, tight space, and accessible only by ladder. The next one might actually open, who knows!

12 Likes

Okay I’m just gonna cut to the chase, will you build and furnish a full size house for me please ?!

15 Likes

Stained glass is really awesome.

7 Likes

This is my favorite, also! The window is beautiful!

5 Likes

wow great work.

1 Like