Santa Ornament from drawing

Hi everyone! Got a simple quick one here that came together in about an hour this afternoon. Kiddo (1st grade) came home today with an adorable drawing of Santa that he did, from one of those follow along tutorial videos, but still freehand, and I immediately took a picture, traced it out, and made an ornament of it on medium PG draftboard. I put his name and year on the back and will make one for his teacher, too. Of course, I think the crayon coloring is better, but he wanted me to color the ornament ‘like normal.’

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

64 Likes

Looks great

6 Likes

So cute!

6 Likes

This is so awesome! One of the reasons I bought a Glowforge was because I just had a grandchild … I see SO many applications; reproducing his artwork is just one of the many!! Great work little man!

7 Likes

This is adorable!!

4 Likes

Great outcome @odzicari !
One of the wonderful benefits of owning a :glowforge: is the possibility of transforming from one medium to another and creating lasting mementos.

7 Likes

That’s so sweet!

5 Likes

Wonderful use case for your laser! The ability to accurately reproduce your child’s work, now a lasting reminder of that moment in time.
I agree with your feeling about the coloring, the original markings convey the youth so well.

10 Likes

A great idea!
This would make a great Christmas tradition for your family. Have him and any other children you have create an ornament every year.

8 Likes

That is adorable! I still use the angel our oldest daughter colored when she was in 2nd grade. It’s been on our tree every year since, and she’s now in her mid-40s. Precious things like that are priceless.

9 Likes

Wonderful!!

4 Likes

You can still make the crayon color one for yourself!

5 Likes

What a precious memory!! I’ve yet to do that… but now I’ve got some inspiration.

4 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Soooooooo cute!!! Priceless!

2 Likes

Best collaboration ever! He should do a whole set of them—I like his style.

2 Likes

I LOVE this idea!

2 Likes

Nice. Kid should go to work for Rankin and Bass.

3 Likes

This is great. What a wonderful way to hang on to children’s artwork for years to come. Wish I had these options decades ago.

6 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes