"Savage Fox Club" Mask for Gkid

No idea. I just randomly grabbed it off the shelf at the store. If I have enough energy left to hobble downstairs after work tonight, I’ll see what kind it is.

3 Likes

My daughter sent me these photos of the completed fox costume Gkid is wearing to school today. God, I love this kid! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Here’s the lacquer (finally):

4 Likes

What was the surface texture like with that lacquer? Smooth? Bumpy? Neither?

That is a cool costume. The gloves and tail really make it look great. :grinning:

2 Likes

It got smoother with additional coats. The first few coats kinda kept the texture of the watercolor paper.

4 Likes

Those purple socks! Sour grapes?

Maybe! She actually wore orange ones to school. :wink:

1 Like

Great job thanks for sharing!..i’m actually trying to create a low poly wolf mask. Slowly figuring it out. Questions if you don’t mind. What were your settings for cutting and scoring your water color paper? Which program did you use to edit your pdf for adjusting scores and cuts?
Thanks I won’t have mine complete for one party tomorrow but perhaps for next Thursday.

1 Like

I’m not actually sure what my settings were; my craft room is mostly packed up except the bare minimum of stuff I need to play with my GF and my Elegoo Mars, and the settings are in one of the boxes…sorry! If you search over in Beyond the Manual, where we’re allowed to discuss non-PG settings, you can probably find some to start with, and then run some test scores/cuts to dial them in to your particular paper.

I think I probably did the editing in Inkscape. I’ve since moved over to Affinity Designer.

2 Likes

Wintercroft has a great selection of masks, pretty sure at least one wolf. If you’re running out of time that may be your best bet.

3 Likes

Wintercroft files are just lovely, too. They have a good fox.

1 Like

That’s where this fox came from. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What! My fox is a lot shorter-snouted. I guess they have more than one fox? Now I have to go figure out where my fox came from.
What if it’s not even really a fox?

2 Likes

They might have more than one. The link in the OP is to the one I used. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just can’t keep thinking “firefox”…

2 Likes

Here’s mine, but I used an xacto (shh!)

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, that’s one of theirs. I recognize it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ban

5 Likes

Dangnit I should delete before I get in trouble for talking settings

1 Like