"Savage Fox Club" Mask for Gkid

Just exactly how hard did you press down on that knife anyway???

2 Likes

There was a small friction fire on the table but I got it knocked down quickly with my spray bottle.

8 Likes
2 Likes

this is amazing

2 Likes

It is addictive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the wintercroft masks. I did this one last year. (on the cameo cutter, sshhhh). I nice coat of epoxy resin on the inside makes em real durable, while keeping the outside as designed (as long as you plug up the small gaps, otherwise it will drip out unintended no matter how light you go). I used foil cardstock for this one…

4 Likes

Are these sold as “flat” svg files?

I’ve been working on a couple of wildlife designs, one is along the lines of those “skeleton” puzzles, the other is more like the layered mandalas and the lotus that was posted just today.

Seeing this latest one, I think it would be awesome to design in that way (for an antelope…)

2 Likes

They are PDFs that are pretty easy to work with.

It requires a little rework to get it ready and optimize for space savings/dimensional constraints of the GF, but nothing you can’t do if you have reasonably good path manipulation fundamentals.

4 Likes

I just randomly saw this post. I bought one of his masks on Etsy and LUCKILY he creates and saves in Illustrator! If you have the Adobe subscription you can pretty much open the PDF in Illustrator, do some grouping and select like lines and convert them as you need for cut lines. It would have been painful to do manually… I was so grateful when I started to do the dragon mask expecting to have to manually remake the thing but I didn’t!

2 Likes

Just FYI for people reading this, you can open and edit PDF design files in virtually all vector edit applications, including Inkscape which is the most common free tool.

3 Likes