Schedule update (December '16)

The idea is to be able to change it to a number of different things. I am excited about this, because I am very limited on space. Also, whenever I 3d printed something, 90% of the time the part was smaller than 2in.

People are putting there ideas for other expansions here.

3 Likes

The problem with having a non-selective memory is that what people say in passing years ago sometimes feel like yesterday to me. Please don’t forget to post a monthly update this month. thanks.

15 Likes

I think we can all agree that monthly means any time within a given month (as opposed to a span of time). Let’s give the guy some latitude here. If there’s no announcement by month end, I’m sure he knows everybody will pounce. :wink:

• Tom
4 Likes

Which is why I said “this month”. History has shown that “regular updates” were not regular. We have never received monthly updates so this is an opportunity for a “reset”.

11 Likes

it’s not like he was demanding, either. pretty gentle reminder.

7 Likes

I want to know why some user keep to receive? when can I got it ? Thanks

like : I am one with the Forge, the Forge is one with me

Those people signed up for the Beta testing program. Everyone else will receive their lasers before the end of August, 2017.

2 Likes

Thank you !

My pleasure! :blush:

1 Like

Although to be complete, these new ones are not “betas”, they’re the pre-release units Dan announced in November. It’s supposed to be a larger set of recipients - they’re getting what are intended to be production units (although some component vendors may change). They use it however they want and will get it swapped out for their “real” unit once the pre-relase program ends and they shift to production deliveries.

GF is just using the beta program applicants to pick the people to get the pre-release units.

3 Likes

Just for clarity. There are about 1000 of us that have signed up to receive a Beta or Pre-Release unit. Very, very few of us will be get one of those. The company will decide where to send the few units based on how they think feedback will benefit their development process.

10 Likes

…and according to how they believe the recipients’ comments will influence the public! I suspect this is a larger concern for them.

7 Likes

Guess I should have started a talk show too lol.

11 Likes

They’re doing the right thing sending the initial units to those who already have laser experience. (Those people can provide the right kind of feedback quickly.) :wink:

4 Likes

I’d call the pre-release units quasi-betas or maybe late betas as they remain the property of GF and will have to be returned one day. One way that they are not beta is that they are shipping without any NDA.

4 Likes

One of my professors asked to speak to me after class once and told me "you’re getting to be a real bastard to have around’ because I would sometimes correct him during class if it was something important - I didnt want the other students to leave with incorrect information (it was on new technology and everyone was still learning it, even the prof, I was kind about it).

Either way, Ive definitely not been the most forgiving, nor tactful person on the forums here. Ive had my share of posts bitching for more info or whining about delays. If they were going strictly by fanboyism I would probably have been cut out of the running a long time ago!

26 Likes

Ditto.

15 Likes

That’s the kind of engaged student I always appreciated! You kept the class alive with critical discourse. So much better than note-taking zombies.

10 Likes

I’m glad that they sent pre release units to folks who’ve been critical and asked hard questions. It gives your input a little more credence to other buyers, since we know that you’re not just cheerleaders who will gush no matter what.

18 Likes

Sending pre-release units to @takitus and @karaelena sends the message that GF must be pretty confident in the build quality and user experience.

13 Likes