Sea Turtle on Ceramic Tile

I engraved a Sea Turtle on white ceramic tile & added a wood frame.

53 Likes

that’s awesome, did you pre treat the tile before the burn?
what settings did you use?

Thanks

Jonathan

PS: did you make the frame?

2 Likes

Yes I cleaned tile with Acetone & then painted white. Once I engraved at full power, full speed 0.27 in. at 340 lines per inch I spray painted black then scraped off all excess with razor blade. After scraping I cleaned it up with pain thinner. I purchased the frames from Maryland China.

3 Likes

a lot of work, but the results are pretty impressive!!!

2 Likes

Not too bad, took about 30 minutes to engrave. Prep & cleanup about another 30 minutes. Should be quicker with more experience.

3 Likes

and the frame?

-J

Very nice effect!

1 Like

Loved it!

1 Like

This looks great. I love that technique.

1 Like

Purchased the frames from Maryland China

Not sure why you sprayed it black after engraving. The paint thinner would remove all the paint not chemically bonded by the laser. What you have there is the result of the white paint being lasered,. not the black.

1 Like

Actually when I lasered over the white the lasered area was quite light in color so I sprayed the black & the lasered area was darker after I cleaned with thinner. Maybe I should just use black rather than white.

2 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

Beautiful turtle! Nice work!

1 Like

Very nice tile! Maybe if you masked the tile before engraving, and then spray painted it before removing the mask, that would help with cleanup time, plus keep the black a little darker than diluting it with thinner.

1 Like

I don’t know if black would work. Everything I’ve read so far says flat white paint is the best and high power basically fuses something in it to the ceramic tile. Look up “Norton white tile method”.

1 Like

Thank You sound like it is worth a try.

1 Like

Thank You

Hi I was wondering if a person could cut tile with the glow frog or just engrave. Thanks

1 Like

you can score it a whole gaggle of times, and it may be able to be split, but you need a wet saw to cut tile…

1 Like