Seattle Mini Maker Faire

Looks like I can make it. Travelling light, just the iphone rather than a camera.

5 Likes

I’ll be there! :slight_smile: Look for us in the Skychurch, the giant indoor area.

If you’d like to bring a drawing to engrave, use a regular (not fine-point) sharpie on a half-sheet of paper and we can figure something out for you.

12 Likes

I know people would love to see a recording of using cameras to pick up an image in one place on the bed, but move it to another location for cut/engrave.

If that is functional, would be an awesome opportunity.

I think what you’re looking for was in the video posted earlier. Dan takes the drawing of the happy face (honestly I keep wanting to call it a pumpkin - must be the fall season :slight_smile: ) and moves it from around the middle to the upper left of the bed and then resizes it. Then he takes it again and drops it into one of the eyes of the face.

2 Likes

Ooh, I missed that video. Nice.

EDIT: Not finding it while glancing through Dan’s latest posts. So it must have been a while ago? Happen to have a link, or remember the title of the thread it was in?

It’s at the end of the video.

1 Like

It starts at 25:50 and the part you’re looking for is about 2 minutes further in Dan’s demo.

Just about there now. Watched through the whole thing (I hate opening a thread and not consuming all content. Which has sadly kept me out of the “show off” thread, which has SO MANY AWESOME THINGS, but I am so damn far behind…

5 Likes

I thought Dan’s example a while back of using the lid camera to scan an image from a phone screen, replace the phone with material, drop the image on it resize and drag to place and engrave was inspiring!
She is going to wonder what the giggling in the shop is all about!

I missed that one. That means today’s video wasn’t anything new featurewise then except for making it a hand drawing vs an image off a phone screen.

1 Like

Was that an actual video, or just a though mentioned in pure text?

1 Like

Text

Edit: He just described the action without elaborating, Could have been big block text for all we know.

If I really tried, I could probably make it to Seattle for the faire… But being completely last minute, I’d be amazed if I could find any hotel space to stay. I’d be willing to exchange volunteer booth duty for sleeping space in the Glowforge offices, though… Does that help? :grinning:

2 Likes

I actually did this for Kara Swisher with the re:code logo. It was pretty neat. But no video.

2 Likes

Bad Dan! No cookies!

3 Likes

Shockingly I will be there as well! Managed to make a work trip line up!

3 Likes

I’ll be attending on Saturday with a camera, notebook, and comfy shoes. The Glowforge demonstration is 1-1:30 pm in the JBL theater, which is on the ground floor level of the EMP museum, off to the right of the lobby if you’re facing the desk. It holds almost 200 people but I’ll get there early nonetheless. The Skychurch is upstairs and when crowded kind of echoes. Also, FYI, I personally can’t get a cell phone signal in the Skychurch so if you’re trying to text a friend or make a call you might have to go to another part of the museum.

3 Likes

Super excited to see you all there!

4 Likes

I know it doesn’t need to be said but all Videos, Pictures and Comments from the Faire that come back to the forum will receive a ton of :heart: 's. Have fun lucky people!

6 Likes
7 Likes