Second GF referral

If I buy a second GF Pro will I get the $500 referral. I bought one while logged into my account but didn’t see the $500 referral. It shows up under my purchase history as having 2.

I believe there is a 30 to 60 day waiting period for the referral to show up as actually usable, since they need to clear the returns period before they grant it.

I don’t think you get a referral credit from yourself…I could be wrong, but that’s my memory from way back when

7 Likes

No.

1 Like

Yeah I think the policy is that you can’t refer yourself.

1 Like

But what if I feel like I’m the most trustworthy source to recommend a second Glowforge to me?

7 Likes

I’d say you should start hanging out with more savory people.

6 Likes

:smiley:!

1 Like

…cuz you’re sketchy as they come :wink: Y’know, in case you missed my subtle message.

6 Likes

Perhaps refer your housemates?

3 Likes

I prefer sweet over savory :blush:

2 Likes

Savory is OK but Basil and Marjoram are better

3 Likes

So no thank you for being a loyal customer but if you are a new customer I will give you a discount?

2 Likes

I understand why companies think they need to do this and get away with it, but I find it irritating and when I notice it, I often switch. I’m an Android guy specifically for this very reason.

My existing customers get the love, new ones pay full boat until they prove they’re good customers :blush:

2 Likes

Like “loyalty discount” with car manufacturers…

When I bought the first one it showed a discount at time of purchase. This time it didn’t.

My thoughts where you can’t get the discount and the referral. I’ll wait the 30 to 60 days

And let the community know what I find out.

The referral bonus is a marketing line item - you’ve already bought so they’re not marketing machines to you any more. On the other hand if you convince someone else to buy one, then they give you a cut of the marketing bonus because you saved them money by doing the marketing for them.
A loyalty bonus could be a thing, but AFAIK isn’t yet

1 Like

it’s in the terms of the referral that you can’t use your own referral to get a second machine.

“Individuals or companies that are already customers of Glowforge do not qualify as Connected Customers under the Program. Customer status to be determined by Glowforge in its sole discretion.”

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.