Second print hangs on Scanning Material

Pretty consistently, If I attempt to print a job twice in a row, the second print hangs on “Scanning material” Restarting Chrome always fixes it, but I need to reload the artwork, and reposition the art on the piece. The Yellow “Progress” bar at the bottom remains Grey.

I am not even opening the Lid between jobs.

Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac OS 10.12.6 (16G1036)

3 Likes

Be sure not to print twice too close together. After the first job finishes, wait for the fans to finish, then wait for it to snap a fresh bed image and for it to say Ready in the top-right corner. Then wait another minute or so to be safe, then hit print.

For the past month or so printing too quickly after finishing a job has sometimes been triggering this hang.

2 Likes

I’m not good at waiting.

1 Like

This method from @takitus seems to be a way of getting out of the situation without losing your alignment:

5 Likes

When you see the big button flash once about 20-30 seconds after the fans power down then you can send a new print. Not until it flashes once. Choice between waiting 30 seconds and waiting forever.

3 Likes

Is this a bug, or a feature?

It’s certainly a bug that it sometimes hangs. Obviously not a feature. It only started doing that sometime in late October, if I remember correctly. Before that I never saw it happen.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this is happening. We are investigating this issue.

Please let me know if you see this again by posting a new topic or emailing us at support@glowforge.com