See pic of file

when I down load a file there a file name about even as amage it only show i want to be able to see what file is by pic

Windows doesn’t interpret SVG files as images to be displayed as icons for files.

There’s nothing Glowforge can do about that so I’m moving this out of their Problems and Support category. There may be some 3rd-party tool that can do that for you though. If you find one be sure to let us know!

If you have Inkscape, Illustrator, etc. installed, you can tell windows to use one of them to open SVG files by default. Windows should then that icon for all svgs. There is also an svg viewer extension that will allow the Preview pane to display a thumbnail. Can’t recall its name, but google will find it. Found it:

13 Likes

Irfanview shows SVGs though it gets a bit weird about it, and shows most other formats.

Interesting. Irfanview will do simple modifications, but it is nice to have alternatives when just looking. both will screw up the image to be something other than what you expect but they screw it up differently

Thanks everyone! The information suggested by @dwardio should help @turkey6901 resolve the issue.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like