See your purchase account status

not in an email, but here on the forums.

7 Likes

The pre-sale/crowdfunding campaign wasnā€™t on Kickstarter. It was direct through glowforge.com and all email communications Iā€™ve received have been from @glowforge.com email accounts. You may want to make sure that your email client is set to always accept email from glowforge.com and never to send them to spam/trash.

7 Likes

I must say, although it was plainly stated, I do think that those who pre-ordered should be grandfathered into their respective pre-order pricing for upgrades.

Iā€™m not planning on upgrading, myself, but I do think itā€™s the proper thing to do in this situation. You snooze, you lose, sure. But we few that didnā€™t snooze, should win. The happier owners are, the more sales will be generated. Itā€™s really a win/win scenario.

5 Likes

The profile for @je.young shows that he just joined the forum today.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Really goes both ways, doesnā€™t sound like you communicated with them either. Unfortunate circumstance.

I notice you just joined the forum, too bad - we would have liked to get to know you across this past year!
@dan has made himself available here from square one, and there was always support@glowforge.com for any questions.
Glowforge went to the expense to provide this forum for the owners, and itā€™s been a great source of information and inspiration.
Hope you stick around!

8 Likes

Hi - Just wanted to say I replied to your email to support a moment ago!

9 Likes

I received a communication from Glowforge that shipping would be delayed nearly 9 months. I just found out about the earlier shipping today because I emailed yesterday for an update. That is how I found out about the forum where apparently all communication happens. If they sent me something telling me that this is where I will receive all communication, I apologize. But I do not think that is the case. Just sad because I am not sure the one I have on order will do what I need. And can not afford the NEW UPGRADE PRICE. I am very disappointed. We have all been patient and am a little disappointed.

4 Likes

We understand. I wonder how many of us here wouldnā€™t have thrown our money if we had known it would be a year. We have all had our hopes and expectations smacked down - and Glowforge is not excluded from that group. Itā€™s been a bumpy ride for all concerned :wink:

Thatā€™s pretty much why we are all here, we kind of coalesced into a mutual support group - and were astounded (at least I was) to find a very wide spectrum of interests and abilities. Professionals in medicine, physics, engineering and art - Not to mention people who already own professional lasers.

You should really do some reading around here. It is a privilege to you as an owner, and I guarantee itā€™s worth.

15 Likes

They did say that in the same email you received about the shipping delay. Hereā€™s the quote:

ā€œIf this seems like a long update, well - it is. We heard you loud and clear that we were sending too much email. So as of our last email, we moved regular updates to http://community.glowforge.com and save only big updates for email. Like this one.ā€

3 Likes

So I bought a Pro Unit, why do I not see any orders when I follow the instructions at top?

Did you log into www.glowforge.com or here in the forum? If you donā€™t see an order on the main glowforge.com site after logging in then contact support@glowforge.com

You might not get an answer here.

1 Like

I ordered a Pro after a long wait on Oct 23, 2015 at 10:41 am

Drew

2 Likes

Ordered pro model + air filter Oct 28, 2015 11:20 AM and $4,970.00 is a lot of money but im sure it will be worth every penny when it comes time
we also bought a CNC router (smartshop1) and not too far from you in Tulsa ok
i must ask what types of projects do you have planed for the router ?
i think that the GF paired with a CNC router will make a great combo !
best of luck to you !!

4 Likes

me to