Seega Game Sets

This looks awesome, even with the use of Papyrus.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦coloring on draft board. Didnā€™t take me long to realize that some colors just sink right in. Iā€™ve never tried any gel pensā€¦they might be next on my to-buy list. Are they water soluble or what? Mostly, Iā€™ve been using oil-based pens.

1 Like

Typefaces spelled the demise of calligraphy fonts, By hand you can have a hundred variations of each letter, so every use of that style would be a bit different, now especially for such irregular fonts there is a very limited set of fonts and even fewer that are distinctive that folks are drawn to. So you have a choice of either such a common look that only a typeface nerd would be able to tell you what it was, or distinctive but everyone would know it. Personally I would favor distinctive and let the ā€œfont nazisā€ rant.

3 Likes

Water-based. This is the set I have: https://www.colorit.com/products/96-gel-pen-bundle

They work great on the draftboard, they cover well, and create a bit of 3D effect that I like. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

That looks fantastic! The coloring is great! And I love how you say ā€œa simple drawer.ā€ I havenā€™t even made a nice box, let alone a drawer!

2 Likes

Your kung fu is strong!

1 Like

Haha! Okay, Iā€™ll admit, it did take a little bit of trial and error to get everything the way I wanted it. :wink:

3 Likes

Well well well, if this isnā€™t a lost gem.

(Except the papyrus, but maybe it gets a pass given its Egyptian roots.)

#necrogame

1 Like

Wowza! that is pretty impressive!

1 Like

We should be allowed to add more likes after some period of time.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha! Priceless answer!

1 Like

Careful! This is a never-ending maze! I was thinking about buying a glowforge last year (first Iā€™d heard about them) and then saw @ahvaness ā€™ project for a Harry Potter Monopoly game. That sold me and then I tried to count how many copies of the game I needed for four grandchildren and two goddaughters (all grownups)! Iā€™ve completed one modified to match my competence on the GlowForge and woodworking. Iā€™m almost done with the second and third copies. They ā€œmightā€ be done by Christmas this year. His project is really detailed and very well put together.

I noted on another post about the Senet game by @arh2 that I had tried Bic alcohol based pens for coloring the game space. They didnā€™t work well on plywood. too much bleeding even past score marks.

5 Likes