Basic Game Board Box With Drawers

This is the box design I came up with for creating my Seega Game Sets. This file has a solid top, whereas for the Seega games I chopped it up into a frame with inner squares to be inlayed in different woods. I left it plain in this file, so you can adapt it to whatever game you want to make it into.

The first file is the “inner layers,” and contains parts for the basic structure of the box. Except for the bottom, these will all be covered up with parts from the second file, so you can cut these from draftboard if you like. It contains a box top, bottom, sides, an inner divider that goes across the middle between the drawers, and two drawers with bottoms, sides, fronts, and backs.

Game%20Box%20with%20Drawers-Inner%20Layers

The second file is the “outer layers” – it contains two layers of drawer fronts, drawer handles, and a top and sides to hide the finger joints of the inner box. For the drawer fronts, the smaller piece fits into the score lines on the larger one, and the handles slot through to help line everything up when you glue them together and onto the drawer itself.

Game%20Box%20with%20Drawers-Outer%20Layers

I’ll add construction photos the next time I build one – in the meantime, if you have questions about how it goes together just post them here and I’ll try to help. :wink:

61 Likes

Sweeet! :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Those 1 inch squares are a great idea on every design.

I always have to scale by 3/4 to pull the files into AI at the right size and that makes it easy to check.

Thanks for the files!

4 Likes

Would love to be able to use numeric scaling in the gfui!

BTW, thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks!

2 Likes

You’re the bomb! Thanks!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I agree, I’d never thought to include a measurement square. Must remember to include that in my designs.

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you!

1 Like

This is a great box. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Being on an extended medical furlough as you have been, you are a force to be reckoned with in designing cool stuff.

3 Likes

The medical furlough actually ended back in September. I’ve just been neglecting housework, etc. in favor of 'forging. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Speaking of which, I’d better go get ready for work… sigh

5 Likes

I am excited to make things like this!! :slight_smile: Any tips/tricks for a glowforge noob?

Lots and lots of them! We compile them in The Matrix.

If you have specific questions about this design, post here and I’ll try to help. For general questions, post in Everything Else and the whole community will chime in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone tried to make this and see how it turned out?

Yeah, if you click on the link in the first post, she shows the assembled boxes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for this!

1 Like

This is free?

Yup - every post in this section has a file attached or linked that’s free for personal use only. Right click on the file (line drawing), save as .svg and you can upload that to your :glowforge:

1 Like