When @geek2nurse shared her design for an Egyptian game awhile back, I was reminded that my husband and I used to play this game called Senet all the time. I felt inspired to make our own game board and well… we’ve played it almost every evening since I finished it.
My husband liked the coloring on the bottom of the box so much he almost didn’t want me to use it there. I compromised by saying we could just park it on its side when we are not playing so as to enjoy the bottom of the game board.
Here is the free svg file:
- Printed on basswood ply.
- colored with uni-posca pens
- Check your settings first to make sure all is set to engrave and not cut where needed.
- I’ve left all the artwork in that is available on openclipart. The rest you’ll have to find, beg or steal yourself.
- You’ll need 5 of each of the round game pieces (just copy and paste). I printed them on thick cherry ply and added an other layer of the same so they stand up tall. You need 4 sticks, one side black and one side white. (sticks in photo are inaccurate, I redid since and painted them instead.
- Yes, @evansd2, I just had to use the papyrus font here…
How to play the game - there are more than one set of rules around on the internet, so you can choose simple or more complex.