Senet - oldest game in the world

Mine likes to win… :wink:
and I let him sometimes…

5 Likes

But if he likes them isn’t that what marriage is all about? Making your partner happy? :wink:

4 Likes

Up to a point. :laughing:

3 Likes

Excellent combo of color and form. Thanks for the files. Gonna resist the urge to weigh in on husbands and games and visuals and shooting and wild game.

4 Likes

Very nice work! Thank you so much for sharing your files.

4 Likes

Oooh, another game AND something I can color! This is going on my list. Thanks so much for sharing! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Due to some extra meds I was on I kept waking up at 2:30am most of February. Many of those nights I just got up and colored a portion of those Senet panels. I’m now looking for another something to color. Although I no longer am wide awake at 2:30am - something to be said for that. :+1:

4 Likes

This one kept me busy for WEEKS. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome - yes that would have kept you busy! Wonderful job!

1 Like

Hi!
Newer user here and I am a teacher. I am doing a unit on Ancient Egypt and was hoping to make this game to play/teach my students. I see the file, but I can’t figure out how to download it or open it.
If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it!
Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:
-Tracy

1 Like

Right click the file which is right under the “Here is the free svg file” in the original post and save the image as svg to your computer.

2 Likes

Enjoy! Glad you’re going to make it for your students.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for putting it out there! Excited to share it with them!!

1 Like

That is a great game box and graphics! Thanks for sharing the design. I’m making a “Royal Game of Ur” for a godson. I’ve taken the basic design ideas from a couple of plans I bought on Etsy, so I can’t share the details on this forum, but I’ll post pictures of it when I finish. Your painting of the images really makes the game board/box look great!

2 Likes

Just to add. I appreciate the pointer toward uni posca pens. I had used bic marker pens on an earlier version of the Ur gameboard, but the alcohol based ink bled terribly. I had scored all of the designs I was going to color and left tape on while inking in - all to no avail. The longer I let it sit, the further the ink spread along the grain. Very disappointing. I’m much better at controlling a pen tip than a brush tip on fine detail work, so I’ll try these pens. Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve made that design too for a couple of friends, it’s a very well made design.

They are not cheap, but worth it.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Hooray for the Papyrus font!

2 Likes