Sequel to Evil Dead/Army of Darkness trilogy? Comic/storyboard artist needed

A few months ago, a buddy and I were discussing the collected works of H.P. Lovecraft while enjoying a pint of ale. Upon hearing our ideas, the bartender and a few patrons suggested that our ideas would make a great sequel to the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness trilogy. Three separate storylines have emerged that pay homage to Lovecraft and incorporate the Sam Raimi/Bruce Campbell feel. We now need a comic and/or storyboard artist to put these ideas into a visual form suitable for submission. I am thinking about putting the storyboard on a fake evil book for presentation purposes. Anyone interested as an artist or know either Sam or Bruce?

7 Likes

So much talent here. You came to the right place!

1 Like

The potential for collaboration with these glowfolk is huge !

2 Likes

@jbv and @rpegg’s wife comes immediately to mind. Pretty sure someone showed off some comic work in the show and tell thread. And… someone’s daughter was doing some great commission character work - maybe @ian or @ianauch?

2 Likes

Who knows if anything will come of it, but the journey is half the fun!

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

If this is a real commission I can put you in touch with several comics artists and storyboard artists.

4 Likes

We are still figuring out best way do this, but I would definitely like the contacts so that I can see what they expect and get samples of their work. It would be ideal to layout part of a scene and see what they do with it.

1 Like

Sounds like a cool project - I’m a big fan of the original trilogy, and of horror films more generally. I help run a weekend-long Lovecraftian survival horror game every few years, as well.

But there’s bad news: the canonical sequel to these films is already twenty episodes into its run on Starz. Ash vs Evil Dead

1 Like

Bruce is doing a book tour too. A friend of mine just told me about it.

Can’t get tickets because while my girls and I are huge Bruce fans(Burn Notice)

they have have a school bus to catch at 6:15 the next morning, and the book signing could last hours they said.

2 Likes

PM Me with your details, rates of pay etc.