Sequence Game file

Sequence Board Side A Sequence Board Side B Sequence markers 2

Right click on the images here and save to your computer. They are dim for kind of hard to see.

49 Likes

Thanks for your generosity.

I moved this to the Free Laser Designs section .

5 Likes

Thank you! Looks like fun!

3 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

Nice job. Thanks for the share.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check out this game! Iā€™ve spent a lifetime playing solitaire and this looks like fun. Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Fun, thanks!

1 Like

@ovm.steve This looks fantastic! Silly question: where are the files for it? And thank you!

1 Like

You are very welcome.
To build the game board for Sequence

Copied from Wikipedia:

RULES

Sequence can be played with 2 to 12 players. More than 12 players cannot play. If more than three people are playing, they should divide evenly into two or three teams. With two teams, players alternate their physical positions with opponents around the playing surface. With three teams, players of a team must be positioned at every third player around the playing surface.

If the player who played first wins and the second player wins in the next turn itā€™s a tie.

The game board is placed on a flat surface (such as the floor or a table) with enough room to allow for the draw deck, a discard pile and marker chips. The jokers, if any, are removed from the deck as they are not used in the game.

To decide who goes first, one player shuffles the card decks into two stacks. Each player takes a card from the deck. The player with the lowest card will deal, and the cards are shuffled again. Each player or team then chooses a set of poker chips; all members of each team must use the same color chips (red is only used if there are three teams).

The number of cards dealt to each player varies by the number of people playing:

• Two Players: Seven cards each
  • Three Players: Six cards each
  • Four Players: Six cards each
  • Six Players: Five cards each
  • Eight Players: Four cards each
  • Nine Players: Four cards each
  • Ten Players: Three cards each
  • Twelve Players: Three cards each.

Each card is pictured twice on the game board, and Jacks (while necessary for game strategy) do not appear on the board.

The player to the left of the dealer goes first.

The player chooses a card from their hand, and places a chip on one of the corresponding spaces of the game board (Example: they choose Ace of Diamonds from their hand and place a chip on the Ace of Diamonds on the board). Jacks are wild. Two-Eyed Jacks can represent any card and may be used to place a chip on any space on the board. One-Eyed Jacks can remove an opponentā€™s token from a space. Players may use the Two-Eyed Jacks to complete a row or block an opponent, and One-Eyed Jacks can remove an opponentā€™s advantage. One-Eyed Jacks cannot be used to remove a marker chip that is already part of a completed sequence; once a sequence is achieved by a player or team, it stands. Once a Jack is played, it ends the turn.

The played card then goes face-up into a ā€œDiscardā€ pile, the player then draws a replacement card from the draw deck, and play passes to the left.

A player may place chips on either of the appropriate card spaces as long as it is not already covered by an opponentā€™s marker chip.

If a player possesses a card which does not have an open space on the game board, the card is considered ā€œdeadā€ and may be exchanged for a new card. When it is their turn, they place the dead on card on the discard pile, announce they are turning in a dead card, and take a replacement (one card per turn). Then they proceed to play their normal turn.

Strategy

Each corner of the board has a ā€œFreeā€ space that all players can use to their advantage. This space acts as if it has a chip of each color on it at all times.

To form rows, chips may be placed vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Each complete row of five (or four and a free corner space) is counted as a sequence. Sequences of the same color may intersect, but only at a single position.

If the draw deck becomes depleted during play, the discard pile is shuffled and drawing begins again.

Sequence rules dictate no table talk or coaching between team members and a precise order in which hands must be played (card, chip, replace card). If a player forgets to replace a card on their turn and if any of the other players points it out then, they cannot make it up in a later one and must continue playing the game with a reduced number of cards.

Winning

The game ends when a player or team completes 2 sequences.[3]

Two Sequences in a row:

When two (2) Sequences are required to win they can be in one straight row of nine (9) chips. It is nine and not ten (10), because the rules state that ā€œyou may use any ā€˜oneā€™ of the spaces from your first Sequence as part of your second.ā€ So, a straight line of 9 chips can be formed, in any order and is considered as two Sequences when the 9th chips in a row is placed.

If a Sequence is not announced by the player on creating one then it will not be considered a sequence until the player wishes so.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite games. Iā€™m new to glowforgeā€¦ am I missing something because I canā€™t seem to find the file for the sequence board. Any help would be appreciated.

First post.
The two pink and blue outline looking pictures are the files. Drag to your desktop, right click -> save as, or long press and something similar if a touch screen to get it.

2 Likes

Thank you! My brightness was set wrong and I couldnā€™t see them!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t see your question earlier, but I see that @wesleyjames was able to answer you. I hope you enjoy the file. If you have any questions, we are all here to help.

1 Like

Silly question - what materials did you use?

1 Like

Not silly. I used 3/8" hardboard from Home Depot, smooth on both sides.

1 Like

this is a fun game. my family enjoys it.

2 Likes

Mine too.

I tried looking, but might have missed it. What did you use to stain the black and red? Thanks so much for your generosity!

I painted them with Rustoleum spray paint while the were still masked, I just weeded the areas that I wanted painted.

And you are most welcome. I am planning to do another one that has the cards in a more symmetrical layout.

1 Like