Sesame Street and The Muppets Signs

?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Porch leaner: (one of them anyway)

Interchangeables - you change out the “O” in Welcome. They’re attached with magnets. Here’s a few; I have 48 different ones so far:

Cornucopia

10 Likes

Oh, that is so cool!!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve only sold about 12 of the signs, but the customers love the interchangeables for them.

5 Likes

How do you embed the magnets so they don’t rust?

2 Likes

I haven’t had any problem with magnets rusting. I don’t think the people leave them out that long for them to rust, as they usually buy enough interchangeables to change them out every month or so. I’ve been selling them for over a year and no one has complained about rusty magnets.

3 Likes

What type of magnets work the best for this? We usually have a stack of round magnets with a drywall screw size hole in the center laying around.

2 Likes

3/4" ceramic magnets from Anpro. I get them in 120 piece boxes on Amazon.

I tried just putting the magnets on the porch leaners and using small metal disks on the interchangeables, but although they held, they were knocked off pretty easy (the interchangeables from the leaners, not the disks or magnets). So we put two magnets on both the leaners and the interchangeables. We let them sit overnight before we put the designs on the leaners, just to make sure they’re adhered well.

5 Likes

Neat!

2 Likes

US $1.74 12% Off | 10/20/50/100/200Pcs 10x3-3 NdFeB Neodymium Magnet Super Powerful Small Round Permanent Disc Magnetic imanes 10x3 Hole 3 10*3mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPNKmE0

This is what I was thinking of.

3 Likes

I have an old video on VHS that shows how to take one of the metal trash cans and turn it into a robot. I taped the show back in the very early 90s.

You have to go to The Home Depot and purchase metal fittings for plumbing projects. I would send you the video tape but I do not know where it is located. There is a good possibility that I have the instructions on the old windows 98 computer. I will look for them.

Visit Google and search for painted metal trash cans.

2 Likes

Those are different. I’ve never seen any like that before. I know I have a small banner I do that has interchangeables on it, and I use small flat 8mm magnets with holes in the middle of them that I buy at Home Depot. I used to get the kind without holes, but there are more in the pack with them, and they serve my purposes well. And because the interchangeables are lightweight, I just use 8mm washers on them, which work perfect, rather than having both the banner and the interchangeable have magnets.

6 Likes

These look so good! Bright and cheerful. I loved the video!

5 Likes

Mahalo! So fun!

5 Likes

First of all, i can’t believe this is my first time watching that video. Second, how did you even get in to the trashcan??? That can looks so small! I feel like you need to be a contortionist to fit your legs in there and be able to pop up out of the can.

7 Likes

I laid down, bent my knees, and reverse inchwormed into it. It wasn’t comfortable, and made me quite… grouchy. :slight_smile:

10 Likes