Settings for .3 inch rubber for stamps

Hello all,

I wanted to make a stamp of my logo, which is fairly detailed. I purchased the thin rubber sheets from Amazon and I just don’t think it’s the right material for what I need. I purchased new rubber that is .3 inches thick.

I’m wondering if anyone has cut .3" rubber before and has found good settings.
This stuff is so expensive, and I only have one sheet!
Here is the link to the product I am referring to.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CKWZVDD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thank you!

There have been many discussions of stamp material, but I don’t know if any have been about this particular one. Using the search function will give you lots of general information.

3 Likes

Yeah, I found the general information but it all seems to pertain to the thinner rubber. Presumably the engraving would be similar, but the cut would need to be much higher. The material is so expensive, I was hoping that someone else had discovered good settings for it, so I don’t waste a bunch with trial and error at a time when I can’t really afford to do so.

How big is the stamp you are making? Do you really need the outline laser cut? If it is just a rectangle to affix to the stamp handle, you can cut with scissors or razor blade.

4 Likes

I made some pretty highly detailed stamps recently. They were smaller and with the thinner rubber.

How big are we talking about here?

The stamps I made recently were only about 2" wide and tall, but I have done a stamp as large 7" with the same material (used for stamping paper bags).

The tip I got here on the forum was to use a thin layer of EVA foam between the stamp rubber and the wooden handle, to give it more “bounce” (for lack of a better word) to make the stamp turn out cleaner. With a thicker rubber that may not be necessary?

3 Likes

An excellent point! Me thinks I’ll probably go this route.
Team work makes the dream work!

1 Like

So, for all I know, my issue may not really be an issue, or may not be solvable. What I was running into with the thin rubber and the detail of the logo is that the whole thing is really flimsy and I’m not getting good definition. However, I cut it again last night on the think rubber, with 2 passes, and maybe it turned out a bit better than last time. Ideally, I’d like a very small and detailed stamp, like 1"x1.5", and I thought maybe the thicker material would be better…maybe I could do 3 passes, or it would hold up better.

I will try the foam backing for sure!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Do you have any photos of your issue?

I have done some fairly detailed stamps in the past.

The “Operation Christmas Child” in red in the lower-left side was very detailed and I was really happy with how it turned out.

7 Likes