Setup Question

Hi Everyone,

It’s been awhile since I have posted and I hope you are all doing well!

Lately, I am having a heck of a time with odor with my machine. I’ve cleaned it really well and am looking at getting a fume/odor unit akin to GF, but I can’t spend that amount of $$. Is there a brand that I could get that works well but doesn’t break the bank? Today, my Dad even commented on the smell for the first time.

Thank you for your time and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

Beth

5 Likes

Are you venting outdoors and still getting a smell inside?

7 Likes

If you’re using a flexible hose to exhaust, like the one that comes with the :glowforge:, it’s likely developed tiny holes.

You can replace it, upgrade to an insulated one, or even go all the way to plumbing piping :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Are you using the stock exhaust fan or an inline booster? There should be zero smell during operation.

5 Likes

Are you venting out a sliding window by chance? On my setup it took me far to long to figure out that my hose situation was solid but I’d forgotten about the space between the window panes and smoke was coming back in through that spot.

7 Likes

others have said it could be tiny holes.

you haven’t mentioned if you are using a external fan. if you ARE using an external fan you want that fan as close to the exit out of your “space” as possible. otherwise you are pressurizing the “piping” and will force smoke out. my “booster” fan vents directly outside through a dryer duct with a flap. also if you are going through a window, it is very possible you haven’t sealed the created gap between the glass and the sash frame. I use a towel for that.

9 Likes

I discovered that smaller folgers coffee “jars” are exactly the size to fit easily off and on the exhaust without a clamp and medium V-8 jugs are better as they are clear. that way if the seal to the hose is good you do not have to disturb it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 days. New replies are no longer allowed.