Sewing-Themed Magnet Collection from the Catalog

I have a friend who is both way into vintage 50s-60s design, and sewing, so when I saw the Sewing-Themed Magnet Collection I knew I had to make it for her!

I didn’t have any draftboard, but the design works perfectly well with plywood. The bubbles are from the clear Elmer’s I used to give it a shiny coat - I probably could have popped them with a heat gun like you do for resin, but I didn’t and now they’re dry!

*As an aside, if someone wanted to introduce a kid to resin, but without the toxicity of resin, the clear Elmer’s glue would be a great stepping stone!

I considered using papers to decorate these as is suggested in the instructions, but in the end I wanted the variety that paint gave me :slight_smile:

and magnets on the back with superglue :slight_smile:
I hope she’s as charmed by them as I am!

Love this machine for making packaging so top notch too!
The box originally came with chocolates

34 Likes

I am sure she will be quite charmed. I love the pin cushion.

13 Likes

Those are awesome.

8 Likes

Oh gosh, those came out so cute!

13 Likes

Quite adorable! I’m sure they will be enjoyed!

11 Likes

Those are great. The box insert is my fav part though.

7 Likes

Those turned out great! And the packaging you made just takes it over the top!

7 Likes

These are adorable. You really dressed them up! :wink:

7 Likes

I love these and have them on my list to make. I love your packaging! Very professional looking. I’m sure she’ll love them.

5 Likes

Aww how fun!!

2 Likes

The box was perfect, and I like the Elmers idea. thx for sharing.

3 Likes

I have someone I need to make that set for as well! I’d better get it done soon! I keep forgetting about using Elmer’s glue for stuff like that. And while it may not be as good as using resin, since I haven’t gotten past the picking up a little pamphlet about resin at Hobby Lobby and talking about wanting to do it, I’ll use the glue trick (which is also cheaper - and I’m cheap!!).

4 Likes

What a wonderful gift! I hope your friend treasures you like the friend that you are.

3 Likes