Shadow box coasters

No… I am not selling this design. And no reason to be upset. Folks on this site are some of the nicest you will ever meet…

1 Like

Hi,
I just tried to do this, (a newbie) the clear part of the acrylic didn’t come out clear. the acrylic part of it didn’t look anything as clean as yours. Any tips before I try to give it another go?

1 Like

Hey, I just used the engrave settings that popped up when I set it to engrave. If you are getting bad results, you could try increasing the LPI.

What kind of acrylic are you using?

@geek2nurse I’m using the acrylic that GF sent me.

Ok Thank you, I’ll try that. The clear part of the acrylic was not clear.

It sounds to me like you didn’t use clear acrylic. Maybe it was frosted acrylic instead?

Clear acrylic is glass-clear. Either you’re engraving on it where you shouldn’t, or you don’t have clear acrylic.

Its clear acrylic, that glow forge sent me. so if its engraving where it should what could I do because I’m literally uploading the file directly without making changes.

What setting are you using to engrave? I use SD Graphic and bump the LPI to 340.

1 Like

If I understand correctly you’re saying the unengraved portion of your acrylic isn’t clear. That would be a material issue, not a settings issue. You did remove the masking, right?

1 Like

Here is the question. Are you cutting the square and Engraving the image? If you have engraving set to the square cut it will engrave the entire square. There should be 2 layers in your GFUI. Engrave (image) and Cut (4 Squares).

How about a photo?

Hey, Victor, just stumbled on this link: > https://3axis.co/laser-cut-shadow-box-coasters-svg-file/6o3yj4p7/
your coasters with my base… :unamused:

1 Like

Several members designs are on that site, as well as many designs that were/are being sold - some for a considerable sum. The skeleton whale lamp from the artist in Eastern Europe is one. They even use art from the original post or web site.

2 Likes

People are such A$$holes. I have no idea why they think they can steal other people’s work and get away with it! UGH…

1 Like

It’s a cultural thing for some from certain nations. They believe if they can, they have every right to.

1 Like

Because they can and there’s money in it. Most of it will go uncaught. When they do get caught, they take it down. But they’re not sending anyone money. They just move on to the next file. The originator of the file could try suing but they’re likely offshore and the costs of suit are prohibitive vs. the return. So they get to keep their ill-gotten gains and are unaffected by the loss of one design - there are tens or hundreds of thousands more out there for them to steal.

2 Likes

3axis registration was listed in Pakistan, iirc.

2 Likes

I think it stinks that they are taking your design and others too. If it is any consolation, they must have thought the design was really good to want to take it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes