Shadow box coasters

Thanks to Profile - ryan.niemer - Glowforge Owners Forum for giving me the idea earlier today. It’s 4 acrylic coasters when stacked create a Winter scene. I will make the box for them later.

Just wanted to see if it will work.

142 Likes

Very pretty! :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks. Just trying to come up with Christmas gifts, gotta start early! LOL

6 Likes

That’s a great idea!

3 Likes

Oh hey! Just saw this! Glad I could be an inspiration man! These looks amazing! This actually gives ME ideas as well. That’s what is so great about this community, I’m so glad I’m a part of it now

11 Likes

Very well done.

2 Likes

That is what’s so cool. Creativity is contagious!

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

So cool!

2 Likes

Such a very creative idea!!! Looks stunning.

3 Likes

Just a thought… how about a thick base with 4 slots one after the other so you keep the scene in tact while waiting to be used as coasters?

6 Likes

That is such a cool idea. Even the individual coasters look great by themselves. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is literally what I started designing. Great minds…

2 Likes

Thank you! It was fun to design in 4 layers.

2 Likes

Really nice! Well done!

3 Likes

Thank you!

That’s gorgeous and I’m totes gonna steal your idea. Thank you!

I have a friend who loves the idea of everything in her house being “art”, and this is a great way to make both a useful and a pretty thing!

4 Likes

I wonder how scratch resistant the acrylic will be as coasters… Anyone else made acrylic coasters that can talk about wear?

5 Likes

Thank you! I am all about form and function. :slight_smile:

I have made many from acrylic. They are not permanent by any means but they hold up pretty well. I can always make more if they scratch them up :slight_smile:

5 Likes