Shameless self promotion

My good friend and her husband have some stock in a local winery and are planning to go collect their annual ‘liquid’ dividend this coming weekend. She suggested that I make some things up to send along with her to promote the winery’s interest in some Glowforge creations.

I have lately been making some round pins with Christmas themes on them, so just narrowed it down to things only wine related. The round ones are about 1.5” and the smaller ones are about 1”….all cut from scrap…this time some PG Maple hardwood. I colored them with my paint pens. Coloring them makes all the difference in the world.

I glued ‘tack’ style pins on the backs. Got my images from the Noun Project. The small red one has a ‘glass of wine’ charm on it…which is a bit difficult to make out in the photos. I am awaiting an order of heavy black, textured card stock from Amazon, which I hope will make the engraved text on the cards more legible than it turned out on this not-so-great quality of paper. I am pleased though with the overall look of everything. I’m especially fond of the one with the dangly little charm on it and plan to expand on that idea.

72 Likes

Freaking awesome!!!

“You’ve come a long way baby!”
Virginia Slims

6 Likes

As always, a big thumbs up.

6 Likes

Great job! They look enameled. :grinning:

5 Likes

Those look great, do mind sharing what type of glue you are using?

3 Likes

I’ve just been gluing the pins on with my Gorilla wood glue. They seem to do fine, but only time will tell.

5 Likes

These look gorgeous! Very impressive!

2 Likes

E6000 works well too

4 Likes

man that looks good… I hope they order them from you, because that really snaps visually.

2 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes

Your pins are absolutely adorable! Very nice coloring on those.

3 Likes

Those are awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks…I have some of that in my arsenal, but have just sort of stuck (ha ha) with my wood glue. If they all fall apart, I’ll try a different one.

2 Likes

Absolutely awesome!!!

1 Like

Love the colors and the layers really give them texture.

3 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

I’m, like, always engraving cardstock; glad to see another project with some in it! As always, your work is so enjoyable :+1:t3:

1 Like

Very beautiful :+1:. Could I ask how you paint wood without getting paint in the text…? still at learning stage

2 Likes

Just wow.

1 Like

Thank you. Mostly, just very carefully! :slightly_smiling_face: Most of my paint pens have fine enough tips that I can manage pretty well. Add to that, I’m pretty much OCD and work well with tiny stuff. You can also take advantage of the masking and paint certain parts before removing the masking, which leaves nice clean lines. I’m still learning, too.

(BTW…on the round pins, there is no paint on the main part…it’s just the bare wood.)

2 Likes