Share Your YouTube Channel!

Hey, all! I figured I’d create a thread for anyone out there who has a YouTube channel to post some links to their stuff for us all to check out. I myself just got my YouTube channel up and running so I’ve gotta do a little self promo here. The basic premise of my channel is that it’s a crafting/how-to/diy channel but I have a membership at a makerspace and I try to do projects in all the different departments, learning everything I can along the way. Though not all my videos are gonna be GF related I’ve of course got plenty of ideas for videos involving my GF in the future.

Can’t wait to check out y’all’s channels!

4 Likes

Sorry, wasn’t trying to turn the forums into a billboard. Just wanted to give the users a place to show off their YouTube channels if they have them.

2 Likes

Not a fan of that approach either…

1 Like

Retracted.

Yeah, no. Nice spam.

Look, if you have a problem, please take it up with a moderator. I’m legitimately asking people to post links to their channels so we can all share our hard work.

1 Like

Um, yeah, a single post by definition can’t be spam. Not everything is going to interest everyone. It is possible to scroll on without a negative reply.

5 Likes

I’d take you up on posting my channel but there just is not enough there to do so. I do use it for posting videos that can be seen broader than just posting a file here.

Not a criticism but a bit of advice to slow down the negative nellies, post something with immediate help to others when you can. That way even the worst can’t call it spam.

2 Likes

Disagree.

Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message ( spam ), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same website.”

You can absolutely spam in a single message.

Yes but you also putting out a digital tip jar. It’s the forum equivalent people who squeegee your windshield at an intersection as a inroad to asking for money.

I don’t set the rules here but I know unsolicited advertisement when I see it, denying what it is won’t change the reality.

3 Likes

I admit that posting my go fund me link was a little douchey and I even took it down but that’s not spamming. I wasn’t trying to sell anyone anything and I wasn’t even being invasive about it.

2 Likes

Thank you :pray: People are acting like I’m knocking down their door trying to sell them something.

Wow! That is one well tooled multi-faceted maker space! You are going to have a great time learning and doing there. :sunglasses:
May I ask what the membership charge is?

2 Likes

It’s great for sure! Dues are $50/month but I teach a couple classes there a month and that pays the dues and then some.

3 Likes

Here’s mine. I am so wistful that I was able to leverage the first pre-release into something more. My day job just won’t allow. It. I’m amazed that I was able to do what I did during that time. But i was quite obsessed.

8 Likes

Subscribed! Yeah, I know what you mean. Can’t even imagine trying to put out vids on a regular basis while working a normal day job.

1 Like

Here is mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqg_qOYNGPqY52SsJ_gMxQ
It contains an on going list of everything that I find helpful to Glowforge members in general and some of my random projects. Helps me cut down on repeat questions.

3 Likes

That’s a great space indeed. Thanks for posting the video and sharing. I think I’ll look into seeing if there is something similar here in Atlanta. Again, thanks for sharing this. I hope others will share there spaces and home labs and more because of this.

1 Like

NOthing to do with Glowforge, but it has some great recipes to offer! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmwnZnwovLhNQ9u6tm3Niiw

3 Likes

I have been playing around with making videos of some of my studio projects and, putting them on my Evermore Studio channel. Many involve the Glowforge.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.