She wanted a Monarch Butterfly nightlight

I recently made a butterfly nightlight by request. The customer liked the one I made, but really wanted a Monarch Butterfly.

So, take two.

49 Likes

That is beautiful! I love how you used dots for color areas on the butterfly instead of a full engrave :heart_eyes_cat:

14 Likes

I think the dots are very effective for edge lit pieces, and it’s faster. I try to keep laser time between five and eight minutes per nightlight.

I calculated laser time into price per unit a few years ago when I was planning to make a business with the Glowforge. Life changes have prevented that for the foreseeable future.

16 Likes

I really like the way your night light turned out. Is that a wood trim? The dots are a unique touch that makes the butterfly wings stand out. Thank you for showing your work.

12 Likes

This is lovely! I agree, the dots give it beautiful texture. Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

Beautiful! I’ve never played with the dots vs engraving. I really like the look that gave.

10 Likes

Really nice! I agree with everyone else that the dots give a really appealing visual interest!

9 Likes

Not only is your work beautiful, but you have inspired a lot of people here. Thanks for the photos!

9 Likes

Beautiful!

7 Likes

Lovely work.

Also, real life butterfly effect in action :grin:

7 Likes

This looks so classy!

6 Likes

A great idea and masterful rendition! Compliments: sure you’ve inspired me :slight_smile:
Where did you purchase the LED stand?
Thanks

2 Likes

Plug In Edge Lit Nightlights

These are the lights that I use. Unfortunately, they only come in bright white.

4 Likes

Don’t they always? I was supposed to be a professor. Instead, I’m a professional sick person!

3 Likes