Sheep Trivet Redux

and bottom of tail if compared to thumb-toes. :sheep:
But I still think it’s awesome!!!

1 Like

I’m just interested if this was a design change of a software fault. It’s definitely awesome

You guys have good eyes…both of those were on the same color layer and I turned them off as a test on the software.

3 Likes

I love that it was done with from easily sourced materials. Amazing that the forge can turn out something so good looking on a commonly sourced material.

1 Like

Super cute! I love seeing the things we all talked about last year coming to life. Good call on changing the legs…nicely done😃

7 Likes

So tried my hand a non catalogue design. Loaded it and some of the settings seemed wrong, like the one eye was set to Cut and didn’t make sense to slice it off so adjusted what seemed off.
I just wanted to see if the settings were right so sized it super small. down to just 4 inches not even thinking of the problems doing that.
It did work! But as I started weeding poor little thing started breaking up since all the pieces were now so tiny heh. Slapped some tape on the back to hold the rest together and snapped a picture. Much of the masking is still on but it is cute example to show off to people anyway. Thanks @Jules :smiley:

22 Likes

Looks very cute as a coaster! (Might have to make some.) :heart_eyes:

I believe I might have converted the curls to a Score to keep from breaking it up…it still works as a trivet/coaster, but i wasn’t sure it would hold together cut all the way through. (Same for that eye.)

Guess it needs some instructions, huh? My bad! :wink:

Still it turned out great! Thanks for testing it! :blush:

6 Likes

Yes with scoring those lines it would make an absolutely adorable coaster!!!

2 Likes

Remember check settings…remember check settings…remember check settings…ok…think I got it…ummmmm… what was that again?..oh yeah … check settings…got it. Thanks guys.

6 Likes

:smile: You’ll still forget. Even after months of checking settings - I got distracted yesterday and “forgot-to-check-settings”…

3 Likes

My next tattoo across my forehead then ?..I dunno…maybe…hahaha
…and it’s why at 61 …ahem…I have a journal…hahaha

2 Likes

Chuckle! My journal is called the Glowforge user forum. :wink:
(Only half kidding - I’m always having to look up how to do stuff again.) :thinking:

4 Likes

Hey how abouts you engrave it on a plaque and put it up…lmao

3 Likes

Make sure the tattoo is backwards so you can read it in your handy mirror that you’ll mount above your Glowforge!

1 Like

I was just going to print ‘as-is’ thinking I better not touch any settings because I might mess it up. But I was going through them just to learn when I saw the eye on the side was ‘Cut’ and that just didn’t make sense to cut it’s little eye off heh.
Now if I only had realized shrinking it would make the living hinges so fragile, which makes sense thinking about it. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there’s no way to save a Score setting along with the file yet, so you just have to know to switch them to Scores. (I didn’t write it up that way initially, because i designed it long before I had a chance to work with the interface.) :slightly_smiling_face:

It will probably always be fragile if it’s cut all the way through. (In other words…not anything you did. I just didn’t have the instructions in there at the time.)

1 Like

Oh, I was thinking living hinges so I kept the cuts for all the curly wool. It felt really cool how it moved before it broke :smiley:

2 Likes

It would be nice to see all the settings in the thumbnail of the operation that is visible on the left side. It doesn’t show the LPI and I have to open them up and close them. and I wish I could just keep tabbing through all the fields without any clicking. That would speed up flight check.

2 Likes