She's got her own name tag!

I feel that way sometimes. One of the weirdest for me was just last weekend. I was driving out in the country and drove by a house with an old delipidated telescope observatory. I started thinking “I wonder if and where you could buy a telescope dome like that”. Two days later an ad for them popped on a web site. I didn’t even speak about them or visit any astro related sights. Completely random (or not. I don’t know)

2 Likes

YES!! :smiley:
this stuff happens to us all of the time.

Funny story - my husband and I had this happen a ton of times in short timeframe where we would talk about something and then it was on TV right after we said it. (Not like a suggestion of what to watch, but like actual commercials or things within a tv show.) It was wild. lol We were cracking up and a little freaked out. lol It seems to have stopped happening, we’ll see if it happens again now that I talked about it. LOL jk

4 Likes

That is definitely a bizarre occurence. Too bad @rpegg isn’t hanging out here anymore…he has a mini observatory on his property.

2 Likes

Confirmation bias trying to explain a coincidence. We never note the bazillion times it doesn’t happen but when all the wheels in the universe’s slot machine line up and deliver a coincidental occurrence, we try to explain it as something besides coincidence.

When you think about the billions of people having conversations and thoughts trillions of times a day, it’s frankly amazing it doesn’t happen more often.

4 Likes

I’m very familiar with confirmation bias.

1 Like

Nice name for your Glowforge, and nice way to label it!

2 Likes