Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

Consider yourself fortunate, lady luck appears to be with you.

Check my posts

Consider a collective bargain.

if you find any… let me know will be jumping on the same ship as you here.

Like I said, I don’t know all of the facets of manufacturing. Those things you listed make sense.

In regards to them waiting on my reply, and then moving on to the next person to keep the line busy…this still causes delays. Dan has said recently that they do wait to run a batch until they have received enough confirmation emails to do a full run. I understand wanting to do this if that is the method of how they want to run this.

A day here or a day there, waiting to hear if someone is going to confirm still adds up to some significant delays when there are over 10,000 units. Also, I still don’t see why, when only two models are being made and an estimated total number of each of those models could be derived based on orders and projections of the likelihood of those orders remaining in tact, Basic and Pro models could not just be cranked out as fast as the factory can output?

if the factory has an output in the current setup to do 100 Basic per week, do that until you reach your “safe” number that I mentioned above. If they can do 80 Pro per week (I understand they have to retool to do these, but they can still retool and run a batch), then get going that way. Does it make sense what I’m saying?

AMEN! you said it right!

Unpossible! The preorder campaign took place in September/October of 2015. That was TWO years ago … still a long wait, but no need to exaggerate.

8 Likes

I suspect you’ll have zero leverage to do whatever it is you’re trying to do. You think if you get a large enough group of people together to complain, you’ll be able to pressure Dan into giving you a discount or something? Cut your losses, which are next to nothing, and cancel. You voluntarily held on through multiple delays, each time knowing exactly what you were involved in, and now you’re suddenly surprised and outraged and trying to play hardball with no leverage. I understand that you’re upset, but this isn’t helping.

5 Likes

Perhaps.

Honestly you’re coming off like a whiny child and a broken record. You’ve posted about your “collective action” several times now. Anyone who’s deluded enough to be interested will email you without you constantly repeating this nonsense.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately we won’t offer free Pro upgrades.

2 Likes

Every time someone’s posted “This person ordered after me and is scheduled first”, I’ve checked against our forecast, and there was missing (e.g. international) or incorrect (they self-reported the wrong date) information. It’s entirely possible that there are errors, but we haven’t seen any yet.

It’s easy to filter air. We’ve hired an air quality consulting firm to ensure we do it safely and right - it’s a much harder problem.

I’m sure you’re correct, but I don’t know what you’re referring to - can you send me a link so I can investigate for you?

We keep the funds in a zero-risk account that pays ~1% interest per year.

It depends on your order date - I don’t remember the details. If someone hasn’t already, please post the question to Problems and Support so someone can get back to you with a detailed answer.

The extras are costing us millions of dollars. (Not ‘valued at’ millions, actually costing us millions).

Early customers get a sizable discount on upgrading to Pro, since we credit you with the current value of your basic towards the upgrade, not what you paid.

That’s an error; the software push to update that was delayed. We’re going to set it to June 2018 just to be conservative.

Of course, I’ve got an opinion, but no reason you should believe it. I’d recommend reading the forum here and asking folks who’ve used both what they think.

6 Likes

Our current fulfillment plan has us lean heavily to basics, then heavily to pro, then back to basics. At some point they will balance.

6 Likes

That’s in the hands of UPS, unfortunately - registering for UPS MyChoice seems to help. You can also email support for more details.

1 Like

Again, noted.
If you’re happy with this deal, good for you.

I’m not.

We are. We apply the full current value of your Basic to your Pro upgrade, meaning you will spend significantly less than if you were a new customer.

5 Likes

I’m sorry I was unclear. That is not what we do. Unfortunately our factory logistics are complex, and I’m afraid I’ve created more confusion with my explanation than clarity. I apologize.

2 Likes

All this talk of upgrading to a Pro, along with the possibility of getting it sooner if we upgrade, makes me wish it was possible to upgrade to the Pro now for what it would’ve cost to order a Pro when I placed my Basic order. If that were made an option, I’d jump to Pro, and I’d suspect many others would too. Part of that is me just wishing I would’ve ordered the Pro when it was cheaper, and part of it is me hoping you’d let us upgrade at the original pre-order price since we pre-ordered in the first place. It would cost you more versus a new Pro order, but you’d technically just be exchanging a Basic campaign order for a Pro campaign order. Wishful thinking and a bit of begging I guess.

1 Like

@dan
But we aren’t a new customer. We’re an original customer… One whose money you’ve had for 2 years now. We’re the customers that bought into your failed vision and promises.

You could actually upsell remaining people and create some goodwill (which it seems that your company is in very short supply of at the moment) and instead of losing customers and dealing with teh likely very bad word of mouth that will go with it, or you could create a way to upsell them and create goodwill at the same time. Lots of us that bought this hang out in maker spaces and are the people that would be talking other people in those places into buying your product. I know I personally have a solid 35 or so people waiting on hearing what i think of your product between the two maker spaces i frequent… Even if only 20 percent of those people buy in that’s 7 more units… Of course if i tell them what a wretched experience i’ve had waiting on this product that number goes from 7 to zero… with likely word of mouth from my 35 or so people that will relay my story of how shoddily I was treated as a customer to anyone that mentions a glowforge around them.

Does your company plan to do anything (anything at all) as additional recompense for yet another failed upon delivery date for those of us that were told we would have our product by the end of the month.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for the same thing over and over again and every time I get the same reply… which is NO and DEAL WITH IT

1 Like