Shipping Price

Just went to purchase a few sheets of draftboard. 6 sheets $54. Ok … no problem … $25 shipping ?? What is up with that ?? As much as I want to use Glowforge material I will have to look elsewhere

Mdf is mdf more or less. I get mine in full sheets 4’x8’ from rugby architectural building products, the only caveat is that I have to transport it and cut it to size. It’s very inexpensive though, works out to about $0.50 per gf sized sheet.

Rugby has a lot of locations, maybe one near you? Rugbyabp.com.

Oh and if you want it masked that’s up to you to do too.

For more info #1a and #2 are probably of interest to you:

3 Likes

If you order over $100 worth you get free shipping.

5 Likes

You should try ordering from Canada.

3 Likes

Ouch!

1 Like

Expensive? This is what a lens tool costs a Canadian:

And that is $131.22 Canadian.

5 Likes

Oof!

1 Like

That’s not right. :frowning:

(I don’t mean not correct, I just mean that’s awful.)

2 Likes

At some point, the :glowforge: folks will realize that this is not acceptable.

They are starting to offer localized distribution (to the UK so far), so it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Right?

5 Likes

I know right? That’s why I’ve been sitting on all my GF credits for 3 years now.

2 Likes

I hope they fix it for you soon.

2 Likes

Haha, me too but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Good plan. It’s got to be because it’s not worth it to them to do anything about it. Back when I was making earsavers I was shipping thousands of them in boxes across the border to Canada via USPS Priority Mail and never saw the obscene costs that GF charges to get even the smallest/lightest parts to Canadian customers.

2 Likes

Probably because GF doesn’t ship USPS. Even shipping USPS to Canada is pricey, but not that pricey!

2 Likes

Perhaps we should politely request that they switch to USPS for shipping to Canada. (And maybe threaten a strike on purchases if they don’t…)
(I was my H.S. Class Radical)

1 Like

I have only ever purchased the black lid cable and the shipping for that was also ridiculous. I won’t order anything that isn’t vital to make the machine operate due to those shipping charges. Someday perhaps there will be enough glowforges in Canada to matter to them but I don’t think we are anywhere near that number yet unfortunately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.