Shipping Status Bar Hasn't Changed

Hey, it’s the Internet. People are entitled to their opinions.

I stated mine, @palmercr stated his.
I stated why I had my opinion, he tried to justify his opinion without backing it with further evidence.
I remained unconvinced.

In regards to their latest October timeline:
Are they on time? Unknown.
Are the ahead of schedule? Unknown.
Are they behind schedule? Unknown.

Hey, more power to you. But now you’ve known my viewpoint for several messages, and you’re obviously feeling compelled to explain yours to me, but you’re unlikely to change my viewpoint without further evidence.

So… thanks, but I’m not interested in an argument. I’m just saying I don’t come to the same conclusions. I applaud your faith in failure.

2 Likes

Also for other readers: obviously I believe Glowforge will succeed in shipping me a laser cutter just not on the timeline they were hoping. If I didn’t, I would cancel because in the event of full company failure there is risk of financial loss (even with their promise to spend investor money first).

1 Like

For clarity: I was referring to the failure to keep a schedule, not failure to produce an awesome product.

If I don’t get my email in 4 days time then they are behind schedule unless they shorten the six weeks clause. Do either of those things seem likely?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the official schedule is to “ship” in GF terms (aka “send you an email”) by the dates stated in the banner. Delivery by the stated dates is something Dan desires but not something he’s actually promised (and seems rather unlikely).

2 Likes

You cannot get it back, but you can bookmark the post itself:

1 Like

Again, not interested in arguing in absence of new evidence… or wild speculation in absence.
Please stop trying to convince me unless your theory has new evidence.

1 Like

Or, it may be that they are working harder to catch Pro orders up to basics…something they said they were going to do.

Or perhaps there was an engineering change needed for a certification and they needed to source the new part (total speculation).

These are just two possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head.

2 Likes

There’s no evidence any of those things occurred.

I’m not here to argue.

3 Likes

Are you sure? It’s only 1£ for the five minute argument…

20 Likes

Does this help this conversation?

I don’t know the date I ordered my glow forge, but my card was processed on 9/28, so a few days before the 28th

got the “would you like your Glowforge now?” email on 8/14

got the tracking email on 8/31

received glow forge on 9/11 (3 days later then I expected because I missed UPS on a Friday. bummer.)

Hope you all get your emails soon.

7 Likes

As long as the information is posted in an uplifting :cake: and positive tone :yin_yang: it’s helpful.

OMG, have you made the ruler yet!? :camera_flash: Please post photos! :camera_flash: Just put them in any thread, it doesn’t matter. Or, make some new threads to show off your artistic side. :wink: :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see what you create!

5 Likes

Mate, are you sure you are not an Aussie…?
If not come and visit, you got the right frame of mind!

:australia:

6 Likes

Oh my. Your snark overfloweth.

4 Likes

just trying to provide a clue where glowforge is in the shipping timeline.

1 Like

I’m just curious to what’s the hold up? The shipping status hasn’t changed in the top banner of the forum for basic or pro. It’s been a few weeks with no change. I’m just curious to what’s going on. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::glowforge:

1 Like

There have been a few other threads on this topic, but no official response from Glowforge. I assume we’ll get sone information about shipping in the October update.

2 Likes

Notice that it says campaign orders will ship in October, which appears to be a small but important change. I’m fairly certain it previously said they would ship by the end of October. The original message meant they were actively shipping and continuing to ship. Basically it sounds like they just aren’t shipping any more right now and will resume in October but they aren’t coming right out and saying that but rather making small tweaks to the wording.

2 Likes

You’ve made this same claim about some ‘mysterious edit’ twice now. The posting hasn’t been changed since September 7th.

3 Likes

And I’ve very plainly qualified my statement both times and made it clear it was not absolute, so please acknowledge that before you start making your own harsh uncalled for statements. Thanks.