Shipping Status Bar Hasn't Changed

I liked your screen shot and thought it was helpful. No need to spread known misinformation. So thanks!

3 Likes

Thing is, you will learn much more about whats going on if you participate and ask questions than if you didn’t, and there are a lot of people here anxious to help however they can. It’s the participation that makes the forum what it is, and participation is the main reason I was selected for a pre-release unit.

I am just the kind of clueless CNC and laser user that is part of their target market. Because I was active in the forum, they knew that. Participation is a good thing! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t even think he’s wrong, that they’ll be shipping units out in October. That’s not the point. With only a week left in September, it makes sense that the rest will be delivered in October.

It’s the false innuendo of some nefarious behind the scenes activity, easily proven with a timestamp.

3 Likes

I appreciate all of the replies. But, I don’t like all of this arguing I keep seeing lately. We all want the same thing(to receive our forever Glowforges), But I think we can all communicate with kindness and respect to one another and just keep contributing to this forum to keep making it a great place for new comers to learn and explore new tips, tricks, and Ideas. :glowforge::neutral_face::thumbsup:

11 Likes

It’s a fairly natural and predictable reaction to being strung along for years.

2 Likes

If you read the actual September update, the wording is different:

“As you may know, our next milestone is to ship all of the orders placed during our 30-day crowdfunding campaign by the end of October. (Actually, our goal is to have them delivered by then - but that’s harder for us to track). Once that’s done, we’ll work to ship all remaining pre-orders in the following 30 days.”

What a horrible person I am for mistaking “by the end of October” from that update for “in October” in the heading – two similarly worded statements that have different meanings. It’s unfortunate that people are so willing to attack someone for referencing something that was actually said and mixing it up with something in another post, yet those same folks are super-defensive of Glowforge and dismiss criticism while excusing poor communication.

I’m going to just walk away from these forums. It’s obvious they aren’t worth the time or frustration of dealing with these people.

3 Likes

A simple “oops, sorry I transposed my memory” would also have worked instead of a tirade when shown to have made an inaccurate statement.

4 Likes

Tell that to the folks who insinuated that I was intentionally spreading misinformation.

Your additional commentary is unnecessary and unappreciated. Keep it to yourself next time.

We’re all just trying to do the best we can.

Don’t be so glum Chum. :sunny:

6 Likes

I guess I’m the low wattage bulb on the porch but I don’t see where they have different meanings. I believe “by the end of October” means up to 11:59PM on 10/31 - maybe close of business on the 31st would be the more traditional interpretation but lots of businesses run on a 24hr clock - especially for shipping/delivery.

So “in October” would mean any time between 12:01AM on 10/1 to 11:59PM on 10/31.

In either case they could be spread out through the month or all wait until 11:59PM on 10/31. So I don’t know how the have different meanings from a net effect standpoint.

Now if I wanted it in September, then the first has that as a possibility and the second says there are not any September shipments when interpreted literally. But since there were Sept shipments I would suggest the literal interpretation of “in October” needn’t prevail since it’s a moot point now that there have been Sept shipments.

I’m struggling with understanding how this is meaningful. Both cases have them shipping our units by the end of next month. Whether they make it or not is not tied to the “in” vs “by the end”.

4 Likes

I agree. Both ways you read it, they both mean the same thing. :grin:

Don’t think that is how the forum works. If we could specify who can and cannot participate in our topics and threads, this would be a very arid landscape indeed.

4 Likes

I don’t think it worked the way he thought it would work53 PM

8 Likes

Just changed to Day 11 and Day 2 :+1:

7 Likes

Now Day 11 for Basic and Day 4 for Pro. Glad to see it moving!

(Checks email). Sigh…

Well, the part that’s relevant for me and many others still hasn’t changed… Still just “coming soon”. Probably will be coming soon until next year…

I wasn’t able to add a row to add my info. I have received my supplies already and have tracking #'s for the glow forge

2 Likes

Mine is out for delivery TODAY!!!

12 Likes

Congrats!!

As long as there is no damage to your GF :glowforge:, just savor the moment you have taken the top part of the shipping box.