Shoes

I decided to see if I was able to do some engraving on a slip-on shoe and this how it turned out.

56 Likes

I’d say it came out pretty nicely.

Canvas/cloth is not something I’ve fooled with yet. I know it’s MOAG, and that non-PG settings arent allowed in this thread, but if you’d care to share the settings (and have it moved to Beyond the Manual), or maybe point to a post where you got your settings (if it exists) it might help us all out a bit.

5 Likes

How does it wear? Some early cloth experiments of mine looked great until brushed, as the ash that gave the color was easily wiped away.

2 Likes

Actually it is engraved really well you can actually feel the difference when you rub your hand across it so I don’t think it’s going to know rub away since it’s actually sitting lower than the rest of the material.

3 Likes

I’m actually planning on putting a post in beyond the material once I get all the setting tunings right.

7 Likes

Good result!

1 Like

Yep! Looks great!

1 Like

Beautiful! And also … Hooray Kingdom Hearts!

1 Like

Fun!

Ooh. What a great look! I might need some Mickey Mouse-themed shoes…

1 Like

I tried boots…

7 Likes

Those look great how did they hold up I know the shoes I did was some cheap $5 Walmart shoes and the moment my son got them wet they just disintegrated.

They were a gift, she hasn’t said that they fell apart. Lol.
I thought it was real suede leather, but it was a synthetic.