Shoji lantern overload

I hauled the pieces in my suitcase, and my nieces helped with weeding and assembly. (Table decorations for my parents’ 60th anniversary celebration.)

For the record, if you don’t have frosted acrylic handy, a light coat of white spray paint on clear acrylic makes a decent substitute, at least for small areas. :wink:

58 Likes

http://www.krylon.com/products/frosted-glass-finish/

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I went looking for, but we’re 45 minutes from civilization out here, so I was pretty much limited to what I could find at the Caldwell Walmart. They didn’t have it, so I improvised. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Curious about what you did with all those lanterns afterwards?

1 Like

Way to make a party special! :sunglasses::+1:
(And congrats to your and @timjedwards’ folks!)

4 Likes

I’m hoping people will take them home and I won’t have to worry about it!

9 Likes

I have a particular fondness for that design. Massive job for you but folks will be blown away!

2 Likes

Your parents will be totally wowed!

2 Likes

It’s going to be a great party

1 Like

The party turned out great. My brother (another one, not @timjedwards, who is even more of an introvert than I am) volunteered me to sing two songs with him and his wife, with no opportunity to practice beforehand, but since everyone there either had known me since I was a gangly teenager or had never met me and probably never will again, I guess my reputation is probably still as intact as it was to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The shoji lanterns are even more beautiful when lit.

All but one were claimed by attendees, so I’ve got room in my suitcase for other stuff on the return trip.

16 Likes

You earned your money’s worth on that license. :slight_smile: Nice touch for the party!

1 Like

Fast thinking with the paint - glad you could keep one for yourself! I think you can now declare yourself a lantern-making expert.

4 Likes

Very Very nice work.

1 Like