Hi! Experts on the forum!
I am thinking to cut some projects while I’m still waiting to my BASIC…(which will arrive on March 2018, if not delayed again…)
So, I still have time to decide should I upgrade to PRO or not.
Can anyone who has a PRO give me some advice according to my cutting area?
I have two hardwood or plywood to cut:
A size: 720x260x3mm
B size: 890x260x3mm
Please see the design below:
for A, I need to cut the black rectangle area which is 160x20mm, and orange ones for 300x20mm
for B, I need to cut the black rectangle area which is 245x20mm, and orange ones for 300x20mm
It states on the “Glowforge Tech Specs” page
- Maximum material depth: 18" (455 mm) for Basic; unlimited for Pro
- Maximum material width: 20″ (515 mm)
- Cutting area: 11.5″ (290 mm) deep and 20″ (515 mm) wide
- Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)
- Maximum material height with tray: 0.5″ (13mm)
- Maximum Cut & Engrave height: 0.5″ (13mm)
I have NO CLUE about the unlimited material depth for Pro.
So, the questions are:
- Can “Basic” or “Pro” cut the black area for design A & B?
- Can Pro cut the orange rectangle(300x20mm) for design A & B?
Truly appreciate your suggestion! It means a lot to me!