Show and Tell

I’m thinking we need a guide for GF since it can be girlfriend or GlowForge (is GF^2 girlfriend using GlowForge?)

5 Likes

Welcome home!
Man, that view will look like a jewel box at night. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I sure envy your view and it looks like a pretty place. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thank you guys! It’s a hard step but really rewarding. :grinning:

And this is the night view, it’s starting to rain :cloud::umbrella:

21 Likes

I thought the same thing, that’s why I’m using :glowforge: to make a difference :grin:

2 Likes

This is a quilt plan I’ve had in mind for a while, but I finally got motivated to pick fabric and make the top after seeing @karaelena’s awesome necklaces

It’s about 70" square :grin:

ETA: For those not familiar with this design, it’s 4 Fibonacci sprials set into a cirle. The Fibonacci Sprial is a series of quarter circles in squares of dimensions that follow the Fibonacci sequence, which ends up being a very good approximation of the golden spiral found often in nature.

37 Likes

Beautiful :sunglasses: great use of color! Love the geometry of the design.

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s fantastic!

3 Likes

Hypnotic !

3 Likes

Stunning!

3 Likes

Whoa, sewing curves is really difficult, especially on such a symmetric design! Awesome job!

4 Likes

Unbelievable!

It’s a humble accomplishment compared to so many of you, but I’m super excited to share this. After a week of playing pretty heavily in Fusion360, I was able to knock this out in a couple hours last night. It’s a model of the rock hammer used on the moon. Not super complicated, but thrilling to this Fusion newbie.

46 Likes

Well done and nice rendering too.

1 Like

I’m floored! It is a thing of such beauty!

2 Likes

You are a much faster learner than myself. That would still be a challenge for me.
Did you use a loft for the front of the head or aproach it some other way?

5 Likes

I started with a flat side view sketch, and then modeled from there. I used the Draft tool to get the angles right on the head. Haven’t advanced to Loft yet… but the night is young. :slight_smile: I had used Sketchup a fair amount over the years, but Fusion is on a different level. Just scratching the surface of the power it holds.

3 Likes

Looks great!

It’s nice when something just clicks.

I’ve been making Fusion 360 puke its brains out all day, trying to loft a somewhat complex shape. I sent about 15 error reports to Autodesk today, LOL! You might notice the Fusion update released today resolves some lofting errors. :slight_smile: Haven’t had any issues since the update so fingers crossed.

I started off with this foam model I carved by hand yesterday to help give a visual of what I want to model in 3D. This is a potential headlamp housing for my electric car project.

Here’s the result after modeling in Fusion 360. The image with the reflection in it, that’s a photo Big Daddy Ed Roth working on one of his fiberglass bodied cars. Used the decal feature in the Render window in Fusion as an experiment, that could be useful in the future, much easier than trying to make an image map.

23 Likes

I’m glad I ask. There is always about 6 ways to do any one thing in Fusion 360, I’m always forgetting about draft.

4 Likes

That’s really nice work! The carbon fiber looks gorgeous. But those styrofoam skills…

3 Likes