Show and Tell

I’m just wondering if you hire out, and if I could afford the air-fare to get you here.

1 Like

And we are in awe of the amazing things you do. You may yet turn out to be the smartest person in the room. Talent has a way of coming out when given the chance, and looking at the quality of your work. You have an eye for detail that will serve you well.

1 Like

You all make me blush.

1 Like

AliExpress. Land of the neo-… neod… Rare Earth Magnets.

Shipping times suck if you’re in a rush, though.

4 Likes

"Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal."
So said Picasso (according to Steve Jobs, who may have stolen the line from T. S. Eliot :slight_smile: ).

Nice work nonetheless! The person how gets the job done, gets the credit. Or so it goes in my world of unfinished house projects…

4 Likes

That trailer conversion rocks!
Very nice room remodel! I have personal experience with that kind of project, that is pro work.
I have sanded/sealed our redwood deck 5times in 20 years. Been looking hard at composite materials.
Very impressive!

Thank you for sharing!

Edit; I have to disagree with you.
"Art - conveying spirit by means of matter."
Your spirit shines through your work. You qualify as an artist.

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

No problem. I just happened to be on their site ordering a Delta 3D printer. [blames @smcgathyfay]

2 Likes

Therein lies the difficulty sourcing them - nobody know how to spell it so their searches come up empty!

2 Likes

True enough.
I’m slowly building a collection though. every time I buy some that I need, I buy x2 and then buy some I think I might need in the future.
Getting myself a little neodunumumumuum library together.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always just call them neo-num-num magnets, and oddly enough, everyone understands what i’m wanting!
:grinning:

3 Likes

Neodymium, in case anyone actually wants to start using the real name. :grin:

4 Likes

That’s an Indian word for “don’t swallow more than one of these”.

10 Likes

Oh, you compare alright, girl! In a different way maybe, but you compare big-time. I love doing stuff around my house, too…but can’t say I’ve taken on the large-scale stuff like you have. Great looking work! Thank you for sharing.

As commanded by @rebecca & @takitus

Projects of old and new. It’s a bit of a mixed bag.

https://goo.gl/photos/EGYrssP6h8zjowaFA

The laser cutter I was designing before we pulled the trigger on getting a glowforge.

If you have questions. Feel free to ask.

33 Likes

The badassery of it all! So much killer stuff in there. Not only did you make all that stuff, but you made most of the machines to make it with!

3 Likes

Makeception.

4 Likes

Dang! That’s some serious making going on there. Another occasion for me to sit back and reflect upon my life and say: what the heck have you accomplished? But comparisons are just a no win. And that whole thing about not coveting your neighbor’s ox, or ass, or CNC is great advice. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Just an excuse to get that bandsaw runnin!

1 Like

Yep…definitely not showin’ my stuff now…great job!

1 Like