Show and Tell

Thank you for your good wishes. I believe he would like the new ‘thingy’, but he’s way back in New Jersey. During a visit to us though, I could indoctrinate him a bit and he would love it.

4 Likes

I’ll throw another one up. My wife’s co-worker had a tropical themed 30th birthday pool party last weekend and wanted custom stir sticks. (the mixologist that I made the above tokens for did their drinks)

We came up with a pineapple, flamingo & palm tree, each with a 30 & KB (birthday girls initials & nickname).

I cut these on 1/8" acrylic on the X-Carve and did a quick & light flame polish. They were a huge hit and supposedly a lot of her friends want some. That throws fuel onto my urge to order a K40 to hold me over until the GF gets here…

26 Likes

Great idea!
You people are rocking this thread.

3 Likes

Very nice. These were on my Laser List. Hopefully some 2016 holiday ones will get done.

5 Likes

Totally cool! :relaxed:

1 Like

Way back when I was selling these from ads in Skin Diver magazine (gold was $200 troy oz. for 24k casting shot, I alloyed to 14k) I would mail these little brochures to people who requested them.

The Angel fish, Tang, butterfly fish, limpet earrings, seahorse and eel ring have diamond eyes.

OK, I dug back 10 years for this post… I know you all have more, let’s see it! Especially from you lurkers out there, don’t be shy!
Personally I enjoy the work space photos almost as much as the art!

25 Likes

Beautiful! I love the little seashell with the pearl in it. And the seahorse. And the manta ray. And the crab…:smile:

1 Like

Thank you. A lot of time getting the detail right before vulcanizing a mold for each one.
Had a lot of fun educating myself in the trade!
After a few years making the popular items over and over lost it’s shine and became a job.
Couldn’t keep my heart in it.

So looking forward to working with more materials than metal!

3 Likes

So @jkopel suggested I put some pictures of my Narwal box on here, but I just cannot find one of it completed.
So I thought I’d show you some other stuff.

Book Cradle.

Box Lettering

19 Likes

A Box I made.

To house this.

23 Likes

And some niknaks I make (mostly as gifts).

Uploading…
Uploading… Uploading…

25 Likes

Gorgeous! I especially like the crab.

1 Like

Cool!
That textile looks ancient…?
How did you form the acrylic for the book stand?
The Narwhal tusk box is such a unique application, not many that have ever lived could claim that honor.

Thank you for sharing with us!

5 Likes

What is this? It’s fascinating…and looks like very old textile. Details, please?

2 Likes

It’s actually an Almanac and was designed to be worn hung from a belt. Circa 15th century and made from parchment with silk stitching. The photos don’t really do it justice, that stitching is incredible.
Here’s a couple more pics.

Uploading…

23 Likes

Very Cool. seriously

5 Likes

Ooops, sorry missed the bit about the acrylic. Him indoors is responsible for that (I do like to work him hard). He uses a line bender and some mysterious jiggery pokery. I’ll see if I can get him to give an idea of how when he’s free.

3 Likes

Whoa! How lucky you are to be able to protect such beautiful treasures. :astonished:

6 Likes

You are too kind Sir.

1 Like

I do love my job:grinning:

5 Likes